Last weekend was Summerville's annual Flowertown Festival. Somehow or another, we have always managed to be in town for it, and always enjoy it. This year, we actually planned to be in Summerville for it!
We came in on Saturday and went straight to the festival. It was SO crowded by the time we got there, that we didn't get many pictures at all. Too bad Tommy and I had given up fried food and sweets, although that did make the Taste of Summerville portion of the festival much easier on the pocketbook! We still had a good time and enjoyed eating our lunch in the park with Elliott and Laurie.
We went back to Elliott and Laurie's house, where Addie Kate proceeded to almost take a nap, and Tommy and Elliott worked on Aiden's swingset. We enjoyed some fabulous crab legs for dinner, then I was able to go shopping, without children, and with Jenny! It was great!
We attempted the festival again on Sunday, but it was a little rainy, crowded, and we were far away from it (due to an errand we had to run), and starving, so it just didn't happen. We did enjoy all of us just being together though! Nothing like good friends!

I kept trying to get a picture of Addie in her glasses, but I wasn't quick enough. She was too cute in them! And, my mom made her this adorable outfit. I think it's my new favorite, which stinks, because mom said it was difficult. Hopefully the 2nd one won't be as bad, because I have lots of ideas for making it more in the future! I love it! She's already worn it 3 times! Oh, and one more note of interest - the top part (green with lavendar rosebuds) was material that she had made me, and my cousin Emily, a dress with, and she saved to use one last time! Addie Kate is one lucky little girl to have so many custom-made clothes!

She was DONE after lunch!

Addie and her daddy

Sweet, little tired angel!

Here's Aiden, teaching her how to bang the pans together! Yay!


Fixing Aunt LuLu and Mommy an iced coffee...

Addie LOVES when Laurie (LuLu as Addie calls her) puts on her makeup, because Laurie sits in the middle of the floor and has it in a great, big case that Addie can get into. Somehow, she and Aiden snagged the hairbrush and continued to play with it for a while!

Aiden and Addie played outside for a very long time while Elliott and Tommy worked on the swingset. They played so very well together, which we love. These pictures were taken by me, through the window. I was inside cooking the crab legs, and didn't want to disrupt the playing well by going out there.
I wish I had pictures of them playing on the slide to the new swingset, as it just sat on the ground. They just ran across it over and over again, climbed on it and off of it, and Aiden even shared his snack with Addie on it.

This little set is just Addie's size. Tommy and I were going to get her a swing set this summer/from the Easter bunny, but now we are thinking we may just get one of these for another few months or so. I think she'd actually like it better because she can do it all by herself. We'll see.
No comments:
Post a Comment