Monday, April 27, 2009

Easter Bunny... x4!

Addie Kate must really be a good little girl, and it isn't all just in Mommy and Daddy's imagination! The Easter Bunny visited her four times this Easter! I guess when she's older, we'll have to tell her that the Easter Bunny only comes once, all the other baskets are from the grandparent bunnies!

I was trying to prepare myself for #1 - a very early morning Easter morning (Sunrise service was at 6:45!), and #2 - a hectic day of family visiting and getting out of town and back home to Greenville, so on Saturday, I set out most of Addie's Easter Bunny treats in my mom's front living room. Well, what did I know, but Addie decided to just walk herself up there (she's probably never been in that room - it's full of "breakables!") and see all of her treats. Anyway, I shooed her away until Easter morning! When my mom and I saw all that I had set out, mom quickly told me, "It's not Christmas!" True, Addie could have possibly gotten more than she needs, but I have reasons! 1 - she's my only child and she's absolutely perfect, 2 - we rarely buy toys of any kind unless it's a birthday or holiday, 3 - the majority of things were books - hello - educational!, and 4 - I shop all the time (which could be viewed as a good or bad thing, I think it's good because...), so any time I run into a deal, I just pick it up! (It aggravates me to no end when people complain about money and the cost of stuff. I shop a ton and do not buy something all the time. In fact, I probably actually buy something less than half the time. That being said, I do NOT wait until I need something to go out and buy it - I know what needs we will have all the time, and what is coming up, so when I come across a deal, I buy it and store it until we need it. Rarely do I have to go out and buy a birthday present because Addie has a party that weekend, we get wedding invitations 4-6 weeks before the big day, so I shop for a gift that whole time, I know what size Addie's going to be next season and next year, so when I run across clothes at 75% off, I buy them!!!! But, I digress, moving on...).

Here are picture run-downs of Addie's Easter Bunny visits:


After church, we went to visit Addie's MawMaw, Grandaddy, and Aunt Christie. The visit was short, because they were about to go to church! The Easter Bunny brought Addie a set of golf clubs (and some other goodies!), and they were a hit! We have since played with them a lot, and she is starting to get the hang of what you do with the clubs and the ball! I can't wait for her Daddy to take her on the golf course with him!

I love how intently and curiously she is watching here: (And yes, that is a hole in my angel's dress. She is WILD! Possibly french hand-sewing will have to wait a few more years to appear on her! We'll have to stick to good ole smocking!)

Turns out, Addie's friends Carter, Harrison, and Cody all got the same golf clubs (of course, not pink and green though!) for Easter too!
And this was her after we left:
At Addie's Mimi and Gorga's: (This was a quiet celebration - everyone was napping from the early morning we had! The only ones up were Addie, my mom, and me!) The Easter Bunny here brought her a precious book that counts to 10 (Addie is almost there - she just stumbles a little between 6 and8!), Click, Clack, Splish, Splash by Doreen Cronin. She is the author of all the Click, Clack, Moo books. For the longest time, Addie has loved her book Giggle, Giggle, Quack (and asks for it by name!) and my mom recognized the author and got this one for her. As a teacher and mommy, I highly recommend all of Doreen Cronin's books! Addie also got some Little People (Addie loves Little People), some snacks, and a pack of bracelets!

Putting on each bracelet:
She would not stop until they were ALL on! And the "real" Easter Bunny - Mommy and Daddy!
My mom always gave Paul and me pretty, decorative eggs for Easter, so I have continued the tradition with Addie. Several months ago (see - I told you I buy all along!) I found two beautiful eggs that were perfect for her. One said, "When I count my blessings, I count you twice" and the other said, "Bless This Child" - how perfect for my sweet girl? Of course, they were both porcelain, and she went straight for them!

Of course, she had to "read" each book!

She got some toys for her sandbox, which she dearly loves! Our house is covered in sand, no matter what I do to dump it out of her shoes before taking them off! It even goes through her socks! It's in her hair too!


I put little treats in each of her eggs (again, something my mom always did for us) - she loved opening them (or having me open them) and seeing what was in them! She didn't care for the few little pieces of chocolate she did get though - I guess I've created a monster in not letting her have it very much!
With her new little Elmo that came with one of her books. She has a Tickle Me Elmo and a TMX Elmo that she is terrified of! I guess this one doesn't do anything, so she's ok with it!
She also got an American Girl Bitty Baby bed and chair (more posts on that coming) and a sweet little Penelope Peapod doll and basket. I didn't haul the bed and chair all the way to Lexington, so that's why they aren't pictured here, and the Penelope Peapod doll and basket didn't come in until after Easter! So, Easter continued for a few days for us!
We weren't able to go to see Addie's Gammie and Pop Pop on Easter day because she came down with the funk. Her allergies had started to act up on Saturday, then she developed pink eye symptoms on Sunday. We didn't want to be "those parents" and bring our child around other kids in case she had pink eye, so we headed on back to Greenville. Turns out, it was the allergic form of pink eye that went away on it's own (thank heavens!) and is not contagious, so she would have been fine to be around others, but we didn't want to take that chance since we talk so kindly about others who do stuff like that! Addie got an Easter basket from them too though, that was filled with her favorite - books and bubbles! She also got some Disney Princess eggs - where Gammie found those I do not know! We still have Easter eggs around our house because Addie loves to play with them so much! Thank you for the basket Gammie and PopPop, I'm sorry we weren't able to visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by: Designs by Jamie