My family always has an Easter Egg Hunt on Easter weekend for the kids (big and small)! In the past, this thing has gotten ugly at times! Since there are so many little ones again in the family though, it's just typically good, clean fun! There are always a ton of eggs, which makes it fun, and they are hidden very well! We love it!Addie Kate had a lot of helpers on her "team." Since she had done a few egg hunts already though, she kind of had the hang of it! She did feel a little rotten though, and Tommy and I didn't want her digging around in the pollen-covered plants too much, so we'd find the eggs, then throw them on the ground for her to pick up and put in her basket. Uncle Paul was the official photographer (thank you!), which was perfect so Tommy and I could help Addie. Turns out, my girl found the most eggs and had a fabulous prize of $5! She didn't know what to do with money - it was hilarious! I wasn't around for the "awards," so Meredith told me she gave it to her. Sure enough, when I got there, she was just sitting pretty on the steps holding her money! Ha!
Below are a ridiculous number of pictures from the hunt. I guess I am #1 - making up for NO pictures of Christmas, and #2 - am just excited to have so many since we had Paul taking pictures instead of us!



See - I (or someone) would climb into the flowerbeds, etc. and then just give the eggs to Addie to put in her basket (which she did a great job of!). I mean it, my family hides these eggs hard-core!
Good Girl!




I love this pictures - she looks like she's hauling a 10lb. sack!
Lake Murray - this is what I grew up looking at every single day. Man, we don't appreciate things until we are adults. My parents still live in the same house they raised my brother and me in, which I know pretty much for a fact will not happen for Addie. Plus, almost all of my family lived on the same road. I didn't realize just how precious this was until I became a parent myself. I would love for this to be the case for my girl, we'll see!
Sweet Sanders
Addie has NO FEAR! She would just take off running towards the water! I'm glad she loves it as much as I do, but whew, it's scary!
And yes, this is Easter outfit number two. I smocked it and mom made it, of course! I just LOVE "designing" her clothes! (I guess that's as close as I'll ever be to a fashion designer!) We adapted it from an idea in Creative Needle's Christmas issue. I think it turned out just adorable. I was worried about the dark brown pants, but they are perfect! Just right for an egg hunt! Thanks Mimi for all of your hard work! I think 3 Easter dresses/outfits could be a bit much, but she looked adorable, and that's all that matters!
Bow adjustment, of course!
Me counting her eggs the first time. She had 75! Then we found a few more, which made her the winner!
Colin concentrating hard on his findings!
Some of the family - Ed (Alice's husband), My mom (Mimi), my Aunt Mary (Mimi to Sanders), and my Dad (Gorga). That is my cousin Alice (we are 5 weeks apart) on the ground with Addie Kate and Sanders (her son)
Addie Kate checking out her money - this cracks me up!











No comments:
Post a Comment