St. Peter's, Tommy's and my home church, always has a fabulous Easter Egg Hunt on the Saturday before Easter. For years, I helped with this hunt, and I was so excited to finally be able to take my baby girl to participate in it! The Bible Busters group did a great job with it!
We invited our dear friends, Jenny and Jason, and two of their boys, Carter and Harrison, to the hunt with us. Sweet Grady, their third son, wasn't quite up for the hunt this year, but I'm sure he'll be full speed ahead next year! Considering all three kids, Carter (getting over double ear infections), Harrison (getting over the croup), and Addie Kate (just starting - that morning - allergy/sinus nastiness), were a little under the weather, I think they did great!
The first, and biggest thing at the hunt, was the actual egg hunt! There were tons of eggs scattered all over the front lawn of the church (no need to really "hide" yet for this age group) and tons of kids out to hunt, from ages 0-2. The other age groups were hunting elsewhere. Addie Kate did a great job with hunting for eggs. I guess she had practiced at her babysitter's house and knew just what to do! Once all the eggs were found though, Addie didn't know that she couldn't keep "hunting" for eggs, by getting them out of other kids' baskets! Ugh, I was so embarassed! One child she did it to, just stood there in shock, and I gave her egg back to her. But the other one was our friend Ashely's little girl, Quincey. We soon learned that Quincey's eggs "rattled" when Addie shook them, so that was all she was interested in - picking up the different eggs and shaking them to hear the sounds. Luckily Quincey left with all of the eggs that she found. Thanks for being such a good sport sweet Quincey! Quincey, and her older sister Carson, have always played well with Addie! I tell you what though, it took all of me, and Tommy, and Uncle Paul to chase that kid around and keep up with her and try to get pictures! As we were leaving the egg hunt and going inside, Addie told Uncle Paul, loudly, "I wuv you!" So sweet!
After the egg hunt, there was also a story time (featuring our very own Aunt Sue!), facepainting (The Sweatmans and Livingstons avoided that one!), and coloring. All three kids really enjoyed the coloring. Carter did really well, but Addie somehow managed to color on her dress (crayon washes out easily, just FYI) and Harrison on the table (which was also gone by Easter morning Jenny - no worries)! Ahhhh, kids!
Addie could not stand seeing Aunt Sue on the stage. Number One - she LOVES to be on that stage, and any time we are in the Parish Life Center at St. Peter's she thinks she has to climb up there, and Number Two - Aunt Sue was reading! That is Addie's all time favorite thing to do! So, she felt it was her job to climb right up and sit on Aunt Sue's lap, while she was reading to all the other kids. Thankfully, Sue was able to do it, and Addie was well behaved. I was sitting close by, just in case!
All in all, we had an absolute blast! It was great to see all of our St. Peter's friends, and great to spend time with Jenny, Jason, Carter, and Harrison! We already can't wait for next years!
No comments:
Post a Comment