I get an email about all the fun things around Greenville happening for families. When this Egg Drop popped up, it seemed just up our alley. Tommy and I both love aircraft, and the fact that a helicopter would be dropping thousands of eggs, we were there!
It gave me a chance for our babes to wear one of the tons of Easter outfits they had. This one my mom made AK. I love a pillowcase dress, probably because of the big bow, and I was especially sold on this one with the orange polka dots, but they just don't fit my girl well. Darn it. It was a little chilly that day too, hence the shirt under it.
Drew had a matching jon jon, that didn't fit him well either. Sewing for boys is an all new ball game! Whipping out a dress is so easy. Fitting a boy, tough stuff. When it's hard for my mom, it's HARD. The above picture is me dashing across tons of traffic to get something out of the car. I almost got us killed! And WHY we didn't grab a stroller I do not know. By the time it was over, my arms were jello and both mine and Tommy's backs hurt.
When we got in the park, there were a million people there. It was all free, sponsored by local churches and organizations, so I guess that brought out the droves of people. It was insane. I got in line with Drew for the Egg Drop, and Tommy went and met a friend of ours at the bouncey houses. (Gross.)
(Even more gross as I see AK's hand in her face. At her mouth. UGH.)
But she loved it, as seen here. So I let it go.
Weeee!
Tommy and AK came back over to us, and I informed him that parents were allowed in the egg drop space. I was freaking out and he stayed calm - strange. Little did I know he was planning to "break the rule" and go with her anyway, just like all the other parents.
I walked over to the side to get a better angle on AK.
Isn't that neat? They have thousands of eggs, and still Addie Kate only got three. A lady went in and got Drew two eggs, which was very sweet. He held on to one of them. We ran into a friend of Addie Kate's who didn't have any, so Addie graciously gave her one of hers. I had to prompt her, but the fact that she did it makes my heart so proud.
Our friend Anthony's wife Leslie (the blonde) had just had baby Sullivan the week before! Her sister came to help her with her two since Anthony was out of town. I can't believe she was already out there! But I've learned, when you have that second one, they just go along to get along. The first still has to do things!
We had a great day! Addie Kate played games, had popcorn (her favorite snack), and learned a few things. We enjoyed the pretty spring weather. And I let go of my fear of public, free events! (At least for now!)
No comments:
Post a Comment