Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Ear Tubes...

It killed me to have to put Drew at a "big school" (because I despise the term "daycare" and because I feel what we pay each week definitely makes it NOT a "daycare!"). Addie Kate had the most wonderful lady keep her, and then had two more years in at-home care. She rarely got sick. 

Drew rarely got sick either. He got a cough, one time, in the fall/allergy season, which the doctor said sounded "croup-like" and prescribed steroids for just-in-case. We never ended up needing the steroids, thankfully, but he did get the ear infection that often comes after a case of croup. But once he turned eight months, in December, he steadily had an ear infection - one each month. On Valentine's Day, that made it four ear infections, including one we could not get rid of, and Dr. Butcher immediately referred him to the ENT. We went to Disney the next week, then saw the ENT the week after that, and got tubes two days later. They work quick. And it's a good thing, because this Mommy doesn't play around. 

So we had to be at the hospital at 6 AM. We had to take Addie Kate with us because there is no one up here that could keep her at that hour in the morning. And neither Tommy nor I wanted to not be with Drew. Thankfully, she was an angel and they had toys to entertain her! Drew was pretty good, just hungry and a little fussy. Who can blame him? We had to leave at 5:40, and didn't have his surgery until 7:30. 




 I had to pull out everything I could to keep him entertained.

 He sure was cute though! Those sweet little baby legs hanging out of his gown. Precious.

After the surgery, he took forever to calm down. Nothing I did, include nursing him, would calm him down. It was awful to hear. Finally he settled, ate a huge breakfast back at home, and took a few little naps (although wouldn't nap anywhere but on Tommy). Bless his sweet heart. We are so thankful for the health of our family. So many people have to go through so much more than this. We'll take tubes any day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by: Designs by Jamie