On day three in DC, Tommy had to go to work. He metroed in around eight that morning, while the rest of us woke up slowly, ate breakfast, and played in the hotel. We were leaving our DC hotel and driving to Stafford, VA, where Tommy usually stays when he's there.
I enjoyed watching my babies play that morning, and as you can see, they enjoyed it too. It was just around when Drew had started smiling, and it was always a fun game to get him to smile.
Mom, the kids, and I then headed into Georgetown to go to the National Cathedral. Mom had never been there, and the last time I went there it was snowing. Granted it was beautiful, but we didn't do much looking around. This time wasn't much different for me. As soon as we got there, Addie decided to be a typical three year old and had a fit. I ended up carrying her out of there, embarrased as the day is long. She did not go back in. We sat outside and had a major heart-to-heart, and I was sticking to my word.
Drew enjoyed it though!
The cathedral is gorgeous. I've been to many, many cathedrals - in Europe, Canada, etc. This one is my favorite. It's just gorgeous. I wish I could have taken tons of pictures, but I obviously do not have the correct lens!
We went to a little gift shop in the gardens around the cathedral. Addie found the nativity set like hers at home, and sat in the floor and played with it. There were two young girls working and they played with her and she was in heaven.
We then were going to spend some time in Georgetown, but both kids passed out, so we headed out of town. We passed the huge Potomac Mills and decided to stop there and eat a late lunch. Little did we know there was an Ikea. We only got to spend about three hours in it, which is not NEAR enough time. Addie loved it. I really liked it. I already have the plan for our new gender-neutral playroom in my head!
All in all, it was a great trip! Other than the heat (it was almost chilly on the last day - AK kept complaining that she was cold!), we enjoyed every minute. Even the trip home wasn't bad. We kept finding little places to stop and stretch our legs. It was certainly an all day affair, but we enjoyed it and weren't in any hurry. I was worried before going on the trip, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Thanks mom for going with us! I couldn't have done it without you!
No comments:
Post a Comment