I enrolled Addie Kate in gymnastics this summer. Mostly to have something for her to do one day, but also because she's been very interested in it. More so than dance, probably, although we will continue dance as well.
She loved it. She absolutely loved it and wanted to go every day! Cracks me up! Due to having Drew and just being in constant upheaval, poor girl didn't have any gymnastics leotards and went in shorts and tshirts the first two weeks. I finally bought her some - went ebay crazy (those things are expensive! way more so than dance leotards!) - and remembered to take my camera to a class. I was so proud of myself!
The warm up: It took her a while to participate in this. She immediately participated in the other parts, but this she just kind of sat there.
The beam:
I thought this would be her favorite thing since every single thing that resembles a balance beam, no matter where we are, she likes to walk on. She did like it, it just wasn't her favorite. (Her little leotard is cute isn't it? I scored some really cute ones and I think I liked them more than she did!)
Doing her backwards roll:
I really want her to get a back handspring down. I know it'll be a while, but I just want her to learn it so she's very confident in it, early.
The bars:
Also loved these, but again not her favorite thing.
Her favorite thing was the trampoline. Tommy's been wanting to buy one, but they are such eyesores, and I have had so many students break bones on them. So, we'll see. But I'm thinking gymastics will be enough of a trampoline for her!
We'll continue gymnastics in the fall. And dance. And I'll be insane from carting around a three year and infant old all over the place! But what can you do?
No comments:
Post a Comment