I took the class to make this dress back in November (I think... I've already forgotten at this point!). I can definitely say that I wasn't in the "mood" to take it. November is just such a busy time of year, and I had enough sewing on my plate with AK's Christmas outfits (one of which I never got to). But, I did finally finish it, I think in January, and made another one (which is the ONLY way to get it engrained in your head how to make it), and even better, AK got to wear it a grand total of ONE time before it got too warm - ha! (And she never wore the smocked one! Oh well, I'll make a pair of pants for it and it'll be a top next year!)
I do like how it turned out, however it is a little older-looking than I prefer. It isn't Tommy's favorite. He prefers the standard bishop or yoke dress, but he was proud of me for getting it finished though!
These pictures were taken after church one Sunday in Lexington, in my dad's "man cave," which Tommy, AK, and I call the playroom, just to get on Daddy's nerves!
I love this dress! I need to start making some dresses...I have been mostly doing outfits. I always love to see what you make!! Not to mention Addie looks great in everything!
ReplyDelete