Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Mail Call!

Living out of town from relatives and friends has advantages and disadvantages. I could publish a book on all of them. However, one of the advantages is mail! I've gotten to know our post office better than I ever thought I would! I feel like I am an expert on the easiest, quickest, safest, and cheapest ways to ship things! But, when we get mail here at the house, especially from super special people, we get really excited!

AK got a package the other week from her cousin, Andrea, and her boyfriend, David. I've blogged about what fabulous babysitters my cousins Margaret and Andrea are, and how good David is with Addie Kate (and Sanders). I always feel like I need to pay them when I leave a family function! And man, is it EVER nice to be able to sit down and relax, talk and catch up, when I know Addie is in good hands! So, back to the package...

She didn't know what she was getting...

A package full of pink and green - what could be better?
A precious flower headband, that Addie knew exactly what to do with...
well, almost! (She did later correct her father when he called it the wrong thing, she quickly told him, "no, it's a headband!")
And wow! Slippers for her cute little tootsies!
And a card too!
Intently reading it... although she thinks it says, "It was a rainy day. Too wet to go outside and play. Mom said let's make cupcakes. What color do you want? Pink, I say, pink, pink, pink!" (for those of you who don't know, that's from her favorite book evah - Pinkalicious! And yes, she has it memorized!)

She had to get rid of those socks, so she could put on the slippers correctly - ha!
Yes, she is a stinker, and yes, this is a face we see often.
The whole ensemble. She's pretty stinkin' cute... and proud!
Thank you Andrea and David! I don't think anyone else in the world shares Addie's love for pink and green like Andrea! What a special treat! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by: Designs by Jamie