Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Addie Kate's New Get-Up

Oh YEAH!!!



We started potty training on Sunday, February 28th. It was totally spur of the moment. I had just totally had it with changing her diapers. She would fight them and have such a temper tantrum, and often both of us would end up crying. I finally got the hint that maybe she was ready. It didn't even take a full week, and my little pumpkin was trained, accident free. I was pretty much in disbelief, and still am a little, here a month later. But she has done great and I am SO proud of her! Because I know some of you will ask, and because I want to remember too, she was 2 years and 4 months old. I am NOT a fan of rushing or pushing things with her. I believe children show us when they are ready. I guess I was right - man, does that feel good to say, especially when it involves parenting! (I sure hope I'm right about these 2-year old tantrums!)
For the record, that first night there were 2 accidents. The next day there were 4. From then on out, only one tee-tee accident a day and only one poop a day. By the end of the week there were none of either. Wow! This girl NEVER ceases to amaze me!

1 comment:

  1. Yay Addie Kate! So Erica, give me advice on taking the paci. Didn't AK have one? We have got to get Eli's from him. I am also hoping to transition to his big bed this summer - any thoughts on that one?

    ReplyDelete

 

Design by: Designs by Jamie