Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Christmas Card Picture Attempt #1 (and a tour of my Christmas tree!)

These were taken on a random night before Christmas, and I love them, but just wanted AK to be in the dress that I made her for our Christmas card. So, these are precious, but aren't what ended up on our card! Regardless, since this is my journal for my girl and our family, I had to include her sweet little face!

Our tree - I bought us a 9.5 foot Christmas tree when we lived in the house we built, with like 2o-something foot ceilings. It still didn't even fill up the space it needed. Then we moved and Tommy refused to buy another house with a two story living room. So luckily, we have a two story foyer, and kind of push the tree half into the dining room and half into the foyer, and it works!

This is the one ornament she was allowed to touch - it's Rudolph and Santa and if you push Santa's belt, Rudolph's nose lights up.

This is one she is NOT supposed to touch!

This is a wreath made of yo-yo's by my Aunt Sharon. You'll see a lot of her ornaments on my tree - she graciously hand-makes all of us one each year, and gives it to us early so we can enjoy it. I think this wreath is my favorite!



The ornament Addie is holding is the Hallmark series "Santa's Sweet Ride" which I started for her the year she was born. To the right of her right hand is another Hallmark series started the year she was born by my mom. It's the doors of Christmas or something to that effect and features doors all over the world and their Christmas traditions. Right above her bow is a little church that Aunt Sharon made. Directly to the right of her bow is (one of her MANY) first Christmas ornaments - this one also started by me - and is the Hallmark collection that goes until their 5th Christmas. To the left of her little behind is another Aunt Sharon ornament - a snowman. To the left of the little church is a gorgeous Christopher Radko First Christmas ornament. She received two of these, and Radko oranments are some of my favorite. She is so lucky - it took me years to start my collection! You may notice the obsene amount of violin ornaments - also kind of started as a collection. Can you tell that I have a LOVE for Christmas ornaments?

Right to the right of AK's ear is a Chrismon ornament. I have a few of these, all made by my Great Aunt Mary. I think they are the most GORGEOUS ornaments and I wish I had an entire tree of them. I love the symbolism and the beauty - and the fact that they are all handmade. I have made two myself - for my home church's tree - they both took me weeks to make. I have a huge respect and love for these. I guess the only way I'll get more is for my mom to give them up. And even then, I don't think Aunt Mary had the entire collection - I think that's close to impossible if you are making them yourself.

To the right of Addie again are two more of Aunt Sharon's ornaments - an icile (that I have no clue how she made) and a schoolhouse.


Just a'dancing!
My mom made AK's adorable outfit. She had one for summer too. I absolutely love it. I think this may be the last one she has - due to potty training. I think by the time she's old enough to handle the buttons to get it off herself, she'll look silly in it. I'm trying not to cry!


To the far right of Addie are a picture frame ornament (of our neice Tori) and then above them are two more Chrismons - one is the Star of David, and I can't tell from the picture what the other is - but I think it's the symbol for Christ.


To the left of Addie, on the bottom is an angel that my mom made years ago. To the right of Addie's ear is another ornament made by my mom - a neat clear ball that she painted on the inside with green, red, and white - they turned out adorable. To the far, far left is Addie's 2nd Christmas ornament - I had to buy number 3 this year and nearly had a panic attack.



I think my little pumpkin was singing here. I had her start singing because she loves it so much I knew I'd catch a smile - instead of that awful "cheeeese" face! So, I also caught some other singing faces too!

And dancing!

LOVE this one - it was hard not to put it on the card! That is just SO Addie!

Sing it, my sweet girl! (Now that I did this, I wish I had moved her around to other parts of my tree, so I could show you all of it. I miss it so much when we take it down!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by: Designs by Jamie