Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Addie's Christmas Ornament

Addie's babysitter is really good about having numerous projects for the kids to do. I think she realizes that it's much better to keep them busy! Any good teacher knows that!

Last year for Christmas, Addie made us a stepping stone. I don't think I posted about it before, so here's a picture of it now: I just love those sweet little handprints! This year, she made us a Christmas ornament with three snowmen made from her thumbprints. For those of you who have seen my tree (or the previous post), you know how much I love Christmas ornaments. It's 9 ft. tall and FULL of ornaments! And I put up a second tree in our loft this year of nothing but our Clemson ornaments. It's 7.5 ft. tall and not full enough for me, but still pretty well decorated. I was personally glad to get those ornaments off my main tree - orange and purple just don't quite scream out Christmas to me! Plus, we have a tree in our kitchen (that I decorated with Addie's baby hairbows in memory of sweet Annabelle, but I didn't get a picture of it!) and the one in Addie's room. I plan to move the smaller, Annabelle tree to another room (possibly the playroom, I think Annabelle would like that) and get a big Christmas tree, decorated in all Addie's homemade ornaments over the years, and put it in our kitchen when we get another big one. I restrained myself from buying two different trees after Christmas this year. The first was in Hobby Lobby and was like 80% off, but I just couldn't figure out where I'd put it! The second was in my favorite children's boutique that is going out of business. She had a gorgeous, big pink tree (I have only seen small pink trees, but this was like 6 ft. - love it!) all decorated in Addie's signature colors -pink and green! It would have fit in her room too. And, it was only $100, completely decorated. Lucky for Tommy, someone else beat me to the punch.

On the same day, my mom sent me a box of some of my ornaments from childhood, and Addie enjoyed hanging them on the tree. My mom put a candy cane in there for Addie, but Addie wanted to hang it on the tree. That surprised me because we don't have candy canes hanging on our tree, but apparently somone she's seen does.
Whenever she got a chance to touch the tree, she always goes to this baby cradle that Heather gave her for her first Christmas. It bothers her that there's no baby in it! (That's what she's saying in this picture!)
Addie is getting really good at listening to and following directions. Here she is putting her shoes on the stairs, which is what I ask her to do every afternoon when she wants them off. (As you can see - it is our catch-all for things that go upstairs!)
And finally, here is her ornament. I just love it.

I can't think of anything else cuter - except maybe the little pumpkin that made it for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by: Designs by Jamie