To kickoff the Christmas season, Tommy and I took Addie Kate out downtown one night. We dearly love Greenville's downtown, and like many seasons, Christmas is the best time of the year for it. Greenville and the St. Francis Association do a fabulous job making downtown special for children.
We ate dinner at Trio , which is a favorite. We were a little leary of taking Addie to a "nice" restaurant, but she did GREAT!!! My salad came with grapes, so she was happy just eating those - we had to order 2 other orders of grapes - can't say I've ever done that before!
Greenville painted Main St. to look like the game Candy Land, and at different points along the street are different activities and fun things to do. After dinner we took Addie over to her favorite from last year - the holiday village. They have fake snow blowing and have it set up like a little alpine village. During the day they have crafts out for kids to do. You can have hot cocoa, s'mores and all sorts of stuff. There's also a carousel, but it was broken that night, much to many kids' dismay!
We did run into Coby, one of Addie's friends from the babysitter. They had an absolute blast being together, which made our evening that much more fun! They were WILD together!
I wanted to take Addie to ride Santa's sleigh, but as soon as she saw it, she freaked and refused to go anywhere near it. I felt sure she'd do it with Coby there, but no luck. (I was so sad!) Coby was the sweetest little thing ever though, he told Addie to, "Come on, I'll protect you. Santa's a good guy, not a bad guy!" Coby's mom was so proud, and I could have just eaten both of them up! Coby did ride Santa's sleigh and loved it. Santa even let him drive it! If you are in Greenville at all over Christmas, you have got to do this with your kids. All the money goes to charity, and he's the sweetest, cutest little old man!
Since Addie didn't want to ride with Santa, we took her around to see Christmas lights. We didn't go to any of the big, huge places because it already getting dark, but just seeing them in the neighborhoods was a blast for her!
(Thanks to Coby's mom for the pictures - we only had our little camera and it's battery died right as we took it out!)
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment