Monday, January 11, 2010

The Rockets

No, I did NOT misspell that title... keep reading!


Since there were so many events in town for the Christmas season, I forwent our annual Nutcracker performance and took AK to the other performances in town. I think I planned well. Not to say that she wouldn't grow to love The Nutracker as much as I, but last year didn't fare so well. I think giving it another year was probably a good decision.

I dearly love The Rockettes, and was so excited to hear they were coming to Greenville. I have seen them two other times. Once when I was younger, in Vegas, and another, actually at Radio City and at Christmas-time. I was worried, because I am not a fan of traveling shows, especially when you have seen the real deal, that it would stink, but it did not disappoint. My sweet Addie-girl loved, loved, loved it too, so my heart was full.

When I told her we were going to see The Rockettes, not that I expected her to understand, but she did recall them as "The Rockets." So naturally, when the dancers came out, she was confused! She kept asking me where the rocket was until she finally either gave up or figured it out. She still calls them "The Rockets" to this day!

Santa first came out to introduce the show, and AK so sweetly looks up at me and asks, "Ho Ho not get me Mommy?" How can your heart and mind feel so many emotions all at once? I felt bad for her fear of him, and thought it was so cute and sweet at the same time. I also felt my typical mommy sadness because I'm sure she won't have a fear of him at all next year.

Her favorite was the toy soldiers - mine too! She continues to tell people that the "soldiers fall down." The strength of those women to do that is amazing. (And a big thank you goes out to them for their kid-friendly cannon that did not make any loud sounds!) If you ask her how they dance, she'll kick her sweet little chunky legs in the air too. It's precious! I think she also liked the dancing Santas, even though she's personally not a fan of Santa himself, the sheer numbers of them in the show intrigued her.

Because she was sitting on my lap and I was pretty well occupied with her, I didn't get many pictures (plus, I'm sure you aren't supposed to take pictures in there). Luckily, my friend Jill that went with us, did get a quick picture of my girl and me with her phone. I only brought our little camera, and it was acting up a little.

I promised Addie that I would take her to NYC to see the Rockettes at Radio City! The more Tommy goes to NY, the more he loves it, and is starting to think maybe she can go younger than her teen years! I'm thinking maybe when she's 6!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by: Designs by Jamie