Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Sweatmans Do Disney 2014 - Day 2 - Magic Kingdom, Pt. 1

We like breakfast reservations. We like big breakfasts that sustain us throughout the day. We like to knock out some character visits at the same time. And the best - we get in the park before the crowds. Mama doesn't do crowds. So I caffeine up and power through. 

On our first day in the Magic Kingdom, we had 8 AM breakfast reservations at Cinderella's castle. We didn't get to do this on our last trip, due to last minute planning, so I was super excited to take Addie Kate this time. And I'd heard they do special things for the boys too. So we were all excited. 


We were a little sleepy, but we were happy nonetheless. 



My precious girl. How I love these years. And how I know I'll miss them. 
Sweet Drew was smitten. 

(Looking at the line of people meeting Cinderella below, on our way upstairs to breakfast.)

Drew hadn't been feeling well, until this day. Breakfast is his favorite meal. He couldn't pack in enough food. Especially the carbs. Bless his heart, Tommy and I just laughed and laughed and begged him to slow down! 




(the inside of the dining room)

Addie Kate just took it all in. She was so excited to eat breakfast in a castle! 
They'd play different music according to each princess that was entering - here, Ariel. 

And Drew continued to eat. And make us laugh! 



(Rapunzel entering. She isn't usually there. I guess we got lucky!) 
Addie Kate had very specific questions for Princess Jasmine about how she does her hair. It was precious. And Jasmine was quite detailed in her answer. I was impressed. 

And again, Drew was smitten. Precious. 


Ariel is always a character. She's just funny to listen to. 



While Ariel was visiting with us, they had the "Wishing Ceremony." Every child was given a "wishing star," girls were given wands, and boys were given swords. They were guided with what to do over a loudspeaker. I'm glad no one was hurt from Drew's sword. He's crazy. 

 


  

Then we got to meet Rapunzel. Addie Kate still loves her. She talked about all her hair and her flowers. 








After eating a huge breakfast, we made a bathroom trip before heading to the park. I had Drew in the stall with me, let AK go by herself, and gave her directions to come out, wash her hands, and wait for me. I kept talking to her the whole time. Apparently another lady was in there and when she came out, she told her husband, who was waiting by Tommy, that there was the most polite, sweet, mannerly little girl in the bathroom waiting on her mother. Insert proud mommy and daddy here. 

We headed straight to the new part of Fantasyland. That's where Dumbo and Goofy's Rollercoaster are, and where the longest lines have been. We were able to hop right on Dumbo and Goofy, several times. 


Drew was in his element. He LOVED Dumbo and Goofy. They were his highlight of the trip. 
I was pretty happy too. Dumbo was closed on our last trip, and Goofy didn't exist. I loved that I could take Drew on a little roller coaster. 

We then headed to the original Fantasyland and rode the classics: Peter Pan's Flight, It's A Small World, Winnie the Pooh, the Teacups, etc. We had so much fun and such short waits since we were already inside the park before it opened. 




After lots of riding and walking, we tried to get some lunch. Once again, we didn't have lunch reservations, and once again, we got frustrated. We had to find seats, we had to wait in lines, we had to be in huge crowds. It's not for me. I'm going to work on that for our next trip. It's no fun to have to stop what you're doing and run to a reservation, but it saves a lot of frustration and unhappiness for us. 

After lunch, Tommy and I decided to part ways. He and Addie Kate went to wait in a forever long line to ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. I took Drew on the train around Magic Kingdom. I was in hopes he'd calm and fall asleep. No luck - he loved that train just as I knew he would. 



But after the train, I put him in the stroller and he knocked out. I just started walking towards Frontierland, where Tommy and AK were, and realized the new parade was about to start. I hightailed it to a prime spot - also by a concession stand where I could get one of my favorite Disney treats - a frozen chocolate-covered banana. I texted Tommy and he and AK made it there just in time. It was perfect. Sweet Drew slept through it, but Addie Kate and I loved it. It's my favorite Disney parade yet. 










We caught Alice and White Rabbit as well that day. Addie Kate was super excited about that, as we didn't see them last time. Alice was so sweet and spent a lot of time with my two. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by: Designs by Jamie