Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Courtney and Brandon's Wedding

Addie Kate was a flower girl for the second time in Tommy's cousin Courtney's wedding in Wilmington, NC. We enjoyed a nice, spring weekend at the beach, plus Addie Kate did a great job of being a flower girl in a beautiful wedding! 
 

 Tommy had to work a little bit before we left, so I took the kids on a rare breakfast date to IHOP. I loved the opportunity to put them in spring clothes finally! (Notice AK with her bow in her hand - UGH!)
 And this is exhibit one above and two, below, on our trip. Drew also got a nasty nosebleed on the way down. It's always something!
The first night was the rehearsal dinner. My two did not handle that well at all, so we just left and went to Chick Fil A.

 The next morning we got up and went to Carolina Beach. The kids loved being able to just run, run, run. And I loved being at the beach with them without the nastiness of sunscreen or the extreme heat of the summer.









 We grabbed a nice seafood lunch, sitting outside on the water, before going back to get ready for the wedding. I'll gladly take that lunch any day over a cafeteria full of kids!


 And here's my little flower girl. She loved being all dressed up, with a tiny bit of makeup on, and kept begging me to take her picture. Bless her!




 Drew lasted about a hot minute in that wedding before I had to walk him out. Sigh. I did get to see my sweet girl come down the aisle though.


The reception was beautiful. Right on the water, with a cocktail hour outside, then dinner inside, followed by dancing back outside. It was a great venue.
 
 I put Drew in seersucker pants and an untucked polo. I thought that was appropriately cute for a beach wedding. Plus, Tommy's family isn't a fan of jon jon's, and I thought I'd oblige since it was his family's wedding. 

 I do think that's a cute trio of flower girls and a ring bearer! 

After dinner, my two literally danced till they dropped. I have never seen Drew so tired. He loved it!



 All I could do is change his diaper and pants, and I finally just had to leave him alone and let the baby sleep. Sweet thing. (Note - that is not poo in the above picture. I don't know what it is, but it isn't poo.)
 My Addie Kate was a perfect flower girl and I was very proud of her. And when my little man woke up the next morning, he was two! It was a great weekend! 

Below are just a few more snaps of us on the beach that day - not cropped or edited at all. We are not photographers! 


























 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by: Designs by Jamie