October is always a busy month, but one of my favorites. Fall is usually in full swing, football season is hopefully going well, and it's my baby girl's birthday! This October was no exception for busy-ness. It started with Mommy and Daddy taking a much-needed kid-free trip to Boston to see the Tigers play. The weather was less than stellar, but we had a wonderful time. Another memory for Tommy and me; we always have so much fun.
Boston was beautiful and I knew I'd love it. I could have spent a week there, but my wallet wouldn't have surprised. I definitely have big-city, name brand taste and get so frustrated with what my small town has to offer! Plus, the history of Boston is some of my favorite in all of American History, and I love it when I can put to real life what I read and teach daily.
I was in love with the window boxes. What great jobs these gardeners (because I'm sure no one on these streets we were touring does this work themselves) do in such tiny spaces!
Obligatory Cheers picture. We had a drink, bought a shirt for my dad, and went on our way. It's a little behind our times, but we wouldn't have missed it.
One of my favorites, being such a children's book junkie - the ducks from Make Way for Ducklings. I cannot wait to bring my two back one day to see them!
We were so excited to find one of our favorites - Georgetown Cupcakes - and this time we got a whole dozen for JUST the two of us. That topped with cannoli from Mike's Pastry, and we could barely lie down to go to sleep that night! But letting all of that go to waste would have been a sin!
My favorite building - The Old State House. From this balcony the Declaration of Independence was read for the first time. Such a sad state of affairs our country is in now, to think of what these men risked to make it the great nation it has always been.
Possibly Tommy's favorite building - Old City Hall - there's a Ruth's Chris in there now, and he can spot one a mile away. Naturally, we had lunch there. All of our dinners were in Little Italy - just like when we go to NYC!
A screen shot of us at the game. I am there, just hidden. We were able to sit with our friends Brooke and Josh, and ran into more friends as we left the game!
Later in October, Addie Kate's bff Olivia came to Columbia to see the Fresh Beat Band concert. We had such a fun night! And the concert was great!
I dressed Addie Kate as "rock star" as I could. My poor mother, I called her about lunch time and told her that Addie Kate had to have a shirt to go with her zebra leggings - ha! I don't think a smocked dress would have cut it!
Some randoms:
Precious sleeping baby boy. I never get enough.
Addie Kate had to wear a jersey for numbers day. Thank goodness daddy had just bought baby brother one, because she HATED it - I wasn't about to buy one! (Note - she was wearing a jean skirt under it. No jeans for my girl, geez.) I prepped her days in advance about wearing the jersey. One morning, when she thought it was the day to wear it, I put Drew in her bed and heard her say to him, "I have to wear big shoulders today." Bless her, she thought she had to wear pads like the football players! I put another shirt under it and told her to take the jersey off after they do their thing with it, but she was still wearing it at the end of the day!
I took some memory pics of my boy in pj's that were too small. Funny how things you buy end up being your favorite. I couldn't stand these when I bought them, but they looked adorable on the boy!
Of course baby girl is NOT going to miss her picture being taken!
Drew would ride home (to my parent's house) with me in the driver's seat in the afternoons. He loved it!
More dressing like a big boy!
Andrea invited us to a children's carnival at her school. My kids loved it!
We took a hayride,
ate a LOT!
bounced in bounce houses,
picked pumpkins (while eating popcorn),
got our faces painted by our favorite Sarah Dippity,
and had a pony ride!
Then, we went to the fair! Addie Kate really got into the rides this year!
Poor baby brother, next year he can ride more!
We all four rode the ferris wheel, which I hate, but it is nice to enjoy and relax on it together!
Addie Kate's favorite was the swings.
And the big slide!
More miscellaneous....
I loved this sweet dress on my girl! She's starting to look so pretty in darker colors!
We went to visit Mema for her birthday. Daddy nearly had a coronary over me putting Drew in this bubble. He looked so precious, but someone at church called him a girl, and Tommy told me no more!
It was a little full... but so sweet!
Drew and I stayed home one day due to fever that ended up being nothing. But it was nice to share a day together!
We took a walk on the causeway on a beautiful fall morning.
While that afternoon baby girl played soccer, in a helmet and a smocked dress!
I love these pictures of Drew. He had to wear Addie Kate's helmet. Precious thing. And it's sadly true that he probably did need it for that toy. He's wild!
He was giving his mommy a kiss through the door. Precious angel.
My dad texted me this picture one day - he had falled asleep laying in the middle of the floor (in heaven knows what kind of outfit) playing.
My mom, Addie Kate, and I went to Greenville for the day. Addie Kate had a birthday party and we just shopped for the day. Addie Kate took a long while to warm up at the party, even though she was around friends she'd had for three years now.
But she had fun and this was what I saw on the ride home:
No comments:
Post a Comment