The Tigers played the season opener in Atlanta, so we went for the weekend. Tommy and I love Atlanta, and although Addie Kate has been before, a few times, she barely remembers it and Drew had never been. So we did the tourist thing and hit all the high spots - The Varsity (which I hate), the zoo, American Girl, Legoland, Phipps, and a few others, and some great food. It was a great, HOTlanta weekend!
I love Addie Kate here petting two goats at once. In a white dress, mind you!
As with all zoos we've been too, all over this country, Zoo Atlanta was a disappointment as well, although definitely second in line from our own Riverbanks. When you live near a zoo as nice as ours, it's hard to beat!
We went from there to the Varsity, with everyone else visiting from Clemson. It was packed, as always. Tommy ordered for us while I found a spot and kept the kids. Drew lost patience and screamed, wailed, the entire time. I just looked around and shrugged my shoulders. I didn't want to hear it either, and frankly, since I hate that place, I didn't care. My philosophy on screaming children (that are crying for no reason, not misbehaving) is that if you don't want to hear it, then go to a restaurant that isn't for CHILDREN!
Anyway, once Tommy got there with the food, a good 30 minutes later, we were able to settle him.
Fried food will do that.
Drew and Addie Kate had their first of that orange drink that everyone loves.
Tommy took this picture here of me because he knows how much I love it there.
I do love THIS sweet thing though!
We headed from there to American Girl. Tommy promptly camped himself and Drew (who was sleeping) out in a corner with all the other dad and brothers.
Addie Kate was in hog heaven. She was picking out here, her doll that she wanted for her birthday.
Baby brother. Note outfit number two. His diaper had leaked or something all over the place. Possibly the cause of the meltdown in the Varsity, but of course I didn't know that then. Sigh.
The next day we finished up our trip at Legoland. Drew somewhat enjoyed it - throwing the legos all over the place, but AK really did. She's not really that into legos, but the place was just fun.
Tommy was mad because I hadn't packed more Clemson outfits for Drew. Geez.
I rode the little ride with my girl.
While Drew pouted, bless him.
Our dangling tootsies!
We saw a 4D movie, which was cute -
But AK for some reason didn't want me taking her picture! Possibly the glasses?
There was an obstacle course, which she loved of course.
Including a little zip line with foam legos.
Then there was one more ride that you had laser guns that you used to shoot things. I just held Drew and took pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment