In true Sweatman fashion, we decided at the last minute to hop up to Clemson to watch a baseball game. In our defense, we had other plans for that evening that fell through. We were happy to go to Tiger Town in place though.
Addie Kate is Mommy's girl. When we told her we were going, she asked if we could go before the game to "look in some shops." I kid you not. That is my girl! We obliged and squeezed in a little shopping.
We had to fight Addie Kate for something to wear. As you can see above, it wasn't Mommy's top choice. It was a little cool out anyway, plus the game was at six, so we needed her to wear some kind of pants. Her winter pants were already all packed away except for a handful of colorful pairs and these jeans. This was the only thing we could come up with. Complete with flip flops. Bless her.
The kids and I played in the grass for a good portion of the game, then came back up and sat with Daddy. Drew fought hard not to fall asleep and I don't think he ever did, although he got pretty comfy.
Addie Kate insisted on eating some sunflower seeds, since Daddy was and since I did every now and then. She really hasn't mastered "spitting," and only does it when she brushes her teeth (and even then it's messy), so this was quite comical to watch.
We ate a healthy dinner early, and had no snacks at the game (yay!), so we ruined that with ChickfilA after the game. Tommy had never had a banana pudding shake, so we had to get that, and AK had a chocolate chip cookie (although she wanted chicken and french fries, but we nixed that). I looked back at her later and had to get a picture. I like to call this, "The Aftermath." I have no words. She looks comatose, except that those eyes are barely open, watching a movie. A look only a mama can love!







No comments:
Post a Comment