My mom stayed with Addie while we were in the hospital, then stayed our first night home with him. Drew slept his first night, and for the next couple of weeks, in our bathroom! Yes, our bathroom. We have a ridiculously large bathroom. I wanted some separation from him (so I could sleep!) but wanted him close and far away from AK, so our bathroom was the only logical place. Tommy was quite against it, but obliged for me. He slept in Tommy's cradle that his grandfather built him when he was a baby, but in the Moses basket inside the cradle, so that we could put him on an incline because of his reflux. He slept pretty well. The first night was rough, as they always are, but then we kind of got our act together (and he spent some time in bed with us - a big no, no, I know, but he slept wonderfully in our bed, so we slept too.). About when he was two weeks, we moved him to his crib and he has slept happily in it ever since. He kind of likes his space whereas Addie slept in the Moses basket, in her crib, for nearly six months!
The morning after the first night at home, I watched the clock, and when 6:00 rolled around, I woke mom up with him and she kept him and Addie for three glorious hours while Tommy and I slept hard! It's amazing how three hours is such a big deal with a newborn!
He's always been a pretty good little sleeper, going about every four hours and sometimes longer. I really have no complaints.
He stayed pretty sleepy during the day too:
Checked out new things, like his swing:
Can even sleep, hard, on the hard floor! (This is a newborn sleeper - he's entirely too long for it but everything else swallow him whole!)
Getting used to big sister being ALL over him:
First bath - not a fan, but settled quickly in mommy's arms!
And again, sleepy:
Check out all that hair! I took two 300 mg Zantac a day!
No comments:
Post a Comment