Monday, July 11, 2011

Baby Drew's Birth Day (Part Two)

After our "quiet hour" and spending some time as our new family of four, Tommy was able to show him off to the rest of the family. We were so fortunate to have my parents, my brother and sister in law, my Aunt Lisa, and all of Tommy's parents (except Granddaddy - he couldn't get off of work with my quick notice!) there.


 I love how happy Tommy is showing him off in these pictures. The pictures we have of him showing off Addie were completely different. Just more nervous and not as relaxed. A 2nd child is completely different! (And Addie really was happy, just a little overwhelmed!)

 Maw Maw
 Apparently Drew had gotten a little fussy. I have no idea. I was so out of it with the enormous amout of medicine they kept giving me. I barely remember this part.

 Aunt Lisa
 Googa
 Mimi and Uncle Paul
 This is Addie saying she wants to hold him. Cracks me up - like we'd let her hold him in that position and standing up - ha! And yes, my toes were somewhat freshly pedicured, I just picked a terribly neutral color and they were so swollen. Getting a new pedicure was on my list for that week!
 Addie holding him again - this only happened about twenty times that day!
 Aunt Sue

 Tommy and I gave Addie a digital camera as a big sister present. It takes terrible pictures, but she enjoys it. Drew also gave her a present. Someone told us to pay attention to what she's really wanting at that time, which was the movie The Little Mermaid, and have the baby bring her that. It was a hit!
 I was finally taken from recovery to my room around 5:00 that afternoon. I felt so bad and was quite loopy. Apparently I told Tommy that I'd give the transport guy $1000 if I didn't have to move out of that bed. I lost that fight and had to move anyway.
 A terrible picture of me, but I want to remember everything! My doctor kept coming in to check on me, and I fell asleep mid-conversation with him every time. (I continued to do this throughout the next day too, until we realized which medication was making me fall asleep all the time and stopped taking it. Ugh!) I remember him saying to me,  "Don't fall asleep holding that baby!" Luckily my mom took over and took him from me. I wanted to hold him, but couldn't help falling asleep constantly. 

 Aunt Sue and Uncle Paul took Addie to the McDonalds across the street. Thank goodness! I love my girl, but I needed some quiet time! Tommy ran home to get situated from traveling that day and my parents stayed with me.


 I didn't know when you were on a clear liquid diet that you actually got a variety! I had frozen lemonade (which Addie ate), Jello (which Addie ate some of and I was pouty - that was the only thing I wanted!), chicken broth, and different beverages. I was so hungry and miserable that it was actually a good dinner! Yuck!
And Addie Kate and my new baby Drew. She squeezed in one last hold before going home for the night. My heart was so full of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by: Designs by Jamie