Saturday, February 13, 2010

Christmas Morning

This was Addie's 3rd Christmas. As far as our photo documentation of all three, we are not doing well! We have never, once gotten a picture of what Santa left her. She was only 2 months old for her first Christmas, so we celebrated at home on Dec. 23rd, got her 2 month shots on Christmas Eve, and headed to Lexington. We have a few pictures of a very tired and rough looking me, holding her, sleeping through her daddy opening her gifts. I literally wrapped the gifts for Tommy and her and they were immediately unwrapped. We were a little preoccupied to have an organized Christmas that year. Last year, her 2nd Christmas, I was sick as a dog. Therefore, Tommy has video of her opening her gifts with me barely surviving, and that's it. This year we did a little better. Tommy videoed me bringing her downstairs and her seeing her Santa gifts. Because I was so busy helping her, we didn't get any still pictures until the stocking and when we were back upstairs opening our gifts under the tree, and even then we didn't get many. I do wish we had a few still pictures of her seeing her Santa gifts. I'll have to get us a tripod so we can video and take pictures next year. I wanted to get one this year - Tommy insisted we had no need - I'm overriding that. (By the way, I have tried to upload the video a million times and it just will not work, so we are going to have to go with the still pictures:)






Here's my little Christmas angel opening her stocking: (Notice Tommy is completely dressed. Addie and I were dragging. She actually begged me to put her back in her bed!)











I found this Super Why activity pad (which is too advanced for her) - which is her favorite cartoon. It is very hard (but getting easier) to find anything with them on it.



A whole candy cane full of M&M's! She couldn't believe it!



She loves these things -and we buy them regularly, not just at Christmas, but something makes them special at Christmas! (Plus, I just didn't want all junk in her stocking!)



Some princess stickers (and you can see the refrigerator to her new pink kitchen behind her - you can't see the other piece - the stove/sink.):



My little Christmas stinker - advertising our future braces purchase.







Here we are up in our loft opening our gifts. We have to organize Christmas and we put all our gifts for the three of us upstairs. Plus, the loft is just so comfy and cozy! Do you see the big cardboard box to the left of the tree? That's what Tommy wrapped my gifts in! He says he can't trust me!



Addie modeling her favorite gift - sunglasses. Poor girl hates the sun to be in her eyes. She now has about 8 pairs of sunglasses, and we still sometimes can't find them when we need them!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by: Designs by Jamie