Addie Kate's First Camping Experience:
Every year, typically between two Clemson home games, my Aunt Carol and Uncle Everett camp with a big group of their friends at a campsite near Clemson. Although Tommy and I are in no way shape or form big fans of camping (that is until we can afford the $300,000 RV that we want!), my Aunt Carol, Uncle Everett, and their crew have so much fun that I could consider it! (Other than the sleeping in cramped quarters, cold weather, outdoorsy-ness, etc.) When I was at Clemson, I would always go visit them at least one time during this week to get a home cooked meal. While my brother was at Clemson, he would do the same. Now, my mom has started going with them for a few of the days that they are up there, basically just to shop! The Sanders women do not waste a shopping opportunity! While camping, that's pretty much all the women do, while the men do the outdoorsy things. Like I said, this group could make me enjoy camping! So, while my mom was up here on this past trip, October 2008, Tommy had to work late one night. I got out of school and loaded Addie Kate up for a trip to Clemson! We got up there just in time for dinner - it was zuppa and chili night, and it was yummy! Addie Kate had just learned to walk, so she just pretty much walked back and forth between the picnic table and "buffet" the whole time. She loved being the center of attention, as everyone in their group are grandparents! We had a great time eating, socializing, and making smores. It was the first of the chilly nights, and it was before I had a coat for Addie Kate, so I had her bundled up in two outfits, a hat, and mittens! When it was time to go, Aunt Carol, my mom, and I got her all cleaned up and in her jammies for the ride home. She was asleep before we hit the highway - she had had a blast!
Aunt Carol feeding Addie Kate her dinner
After a stumble
Sitting and playing with her baby
Addie Kate and her Mimi
Munching on some crackers
Addie Kate looking and smiling at me across the campsiteFall Fun at Mimi and Gorgas:
While my parents kept Addie Kate for Tommy and me for the Clemson/Carolina game, my dad had to get Addie Kate's picture in front of the "orange" tree. They have a tree that turns a really, bright, pretty orange in the fall, that Dad always took Paul and my picture in front of ever year. (I am by no means a botanist, and have no clue what type of tree this is!) It was beautiful weather and Addie Kate loved playing in the leaves and being outside. Here are some pictures of her having her fun:



No comments:
Post a Comment