When the weather was absolutely gorgeous last weekend, Tommy and I wanted to take Addie Kate to the zoo. Let me preface this post with one of my first doctor's visits with Addie. My mom had come along because I still couldn't drive and Tommy had to go back to work. She was in the room with us and mentioned to the doctor that she was from Lexington, right outside of Columbia (because if you don't say that, people think you are talking about Lexington, KY!). The doctor immediately replied, "Oh, you have the good zoo!" My mom and I just looked at each other like, "whatever!" I mean, I know Riverbanks has won several awards, etc., but unless you have a child, there really isn't much of a reason to go there! So I asked the doctor if Greenville had a zoo, too? She said yes and that the great thing about it was that you could do it in about 30 minutes, which was great for young kids! She was right! Greenville Zoo is small, but since Tommy and I aren't really animal people, it's great for us!
Addie Kate is still a bit small for the zoo. She only really liked the elephants, giraffes, and chickens. The elephants and giraffes were big enough for her to see, and the chicken/farm exhibit was where she could just walk right up to it. The weather was just beautiful though, and it was so nice to be there, just the three of us!
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment