Monday, March 2, 2009

Sweet Little Sick One

If you keep up, remember the Shrove Tuesday post where I said Addie Kate was a little ornery and turned out she had a fever? Tommy and I figured it was teething. Well...

The next morning she woke up kind of early, so I went to get her and just put her in bed with us. I thought she was warm, so I went on to put her in bed with her daddy, and was going to go get the thermometer and Motrin. Tommy asked if she was ok, and about that time felt her and said that she was burning up. Bless her heart, she had a temp of 102.8, the highest she's ever had. So, Tommy and I start playing the "what do we do now" game. Well, I had standardized testing and had to be at school at least until about 10. Naturally, he had a mandatory meeting at 9. We finally came to the conclusion for him to stay home with her until her fever broke, and then just take him to work with her until I could get her. Well, her fever did break, quickly, and she was acting like herself, so Tommy took her on to the babysitter until I could get her. Again, still thinking it was teething. Her fever broke so quickly, and she was acting fine!

Once I got her, I could tell she felt terrible - no longer acting like herself. I called the Dr., just knowing she would tell me it's a virus and we should just watch her. I actually got to talk to Dr. Nelson on the phone (I LOVE our pediatricians!) and she said that she was probably at the onset of a virus and, like I said, to just watch her! So, Tommy and I did watch her and her fever stayed steady at 102, almost 103. We went ahead and called my mom for her to come up, knowing this wasn't going to get better any time soon. Thank goodness my mom could come!

Thankfully, Addie was almost 100% back to normal on Saturday and by Sunday was all better. We even headed to Lexington to celebrate Uncle Paul's birthday and a friend, Hannah's, birthday! (Note - she was fever free for over 48 hours. I would never bring her around all those people if she weren't!) We are so very, very thankful that it was as mild as it was!

Bless her sweet heart, her little stork bite stayed out, and even her teeny, tiny toes stayed red!

One funny story though, on Thursday, after my mom and Addie got back from the Doctor, Addie kept telling my mom that she wanted to go outside. It was really cold out, so mom didn't want her to go out, so she, like anyone else, kept making excuses. The number one excuse was that she didn't have on any shoes (she pretty much wore pj's for 3 days straight!). So, mom took her upstairs to change her diaper, and Addie found her shoes and begged mom to put them on. Mom thought that maybe Addie Kate was more comfortable in her shoes. So, she got her dressed, put her shoes on her, and thought all was right with the world. As soon as she brings her downstairs, Addie promptly walked to the door, looked up at my mom, and said, "Outside?" Yep, she was conned, by a 16 month old! When Tommy got home, we did take her out for a little bit. There is a dog behind us that was barking like crazy. Tommy told Addie to tell that dog to "Hush!" So, Addie did. Loudly. I heard her - IN THE HOUSE!!! She is so funny!

Thank you SO MUCH Mimi for helping us out! Addie LOVED you staying with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by: Designs by Jamie