Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Daddy!

December 20th was Tommy's big 30th birthday! He and I were in NYC to celebrate, so on the 19th, before he and I flew out, Addie Kate gave her daddy his birthday presents and helped him open them!

Yay! Daddy's 30!
Oooh! Tissue Paper! And Daddy's getting a gift from the Lilypad - one of my favorite stores! (Shows Mommy was in a hurry wrapping!)

Ooooh - Rock Band for the Wii! Can I play Daddy?


Tommy and I had a wonderful time in NY, even though we were away from our girl for three nights - the longest we've ever been away from her! It was COLD! We were about two hours delayed in leaving (But we were in first class, thankfully! There are perks to flying around the world and being away from your family!), and as we approached landing in Newark, I could certainly see why. White everywhere! Beautiful, fluffy snow. Inches and inches of it, and even feet of it in one big spot where the snowplows piled it all up! We stayed busy eating our way through the city [pizza (Original Rays and Patsy's - a little hole in the wall on Park Ave. across from Serendipty and the BEST pizza I've ever eaten! We just happened upon it!), Little Italy (can't remember the name of the restaurant!), more pizza, Serendipity (AMAZING! 2 hour wait and worth it!), Tavern on the Green (Absolutely gorgeous!), Stage Deli (a traditional favorite), etc.]. When we weren't eating we shopped a lot (got a little something special for our girl at American Girl Place - pics of T there to follow!), saw Phantom of the Opera on Broadway (Tommy's main reason for going) (and FYI - there were no tickets to Wicked at the TKTS booth and we didn't make it back down there to try on Saturday - ugh!!!), went to see the new (and old) Yankee Stadium, played in the snow (not really, but did have to slosh through it nonstop), and just enjoyed being there together! We didn't make it to Ellis Island, something we both wanted to do, due to the nasty, cold weather, but it's in the works for a summertime trip.

Tommy, Addie Kate and I love you so very much. We know how truly lucky we are to have you in our lives and we love you more than anything in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by: Designs by Jamie