Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Nutcracker

This post is about three weeks late, but the weekend of this event, and every day past it, was ridiculously busy! Regardless, here we go!

Heather thought Addie Kate and Lawson could handle The Nutcracker this year, so we attempted it, with my strict ticket-buying rules of "seats beside the exit!" We got there a little late (getting 2 kids out the door, with newly opened toys and a poopy diaper, was tough!), but Addie Kate did great during the first half. The only time she even flinched was during the cannon shot of the nutcracker army against the mice army. I just immediately grabbed her and took her out. The second half was a different story. She didn't care for any of it. The music during the second half is a bit louder, so I'm attributing it to that. She didn't cry out and wasn't rude or aggravating to anyone (except maybe me!), but just kept whining (could have been louder if not for the passy!) and reaching toward the door. Oh well, she's only one, so I thought she did great! I was very proud of her and look forward to seeing her growth for next year's performance! Lawson stayed during the whole show!

After the ballet, we were able to go backstage, see the props, and meet the dancers. Addie really enjoyed this part, so did I!

Here are some pictures of our fun day!
Addie Kate and Lawson under the Christmas Tree! Yes, they match and are precious!
"Hey Lawson, there's presents under this tree!"
Usually it's Addie Kate playing with her ears!
Ooh! Love my new toy!
"Here Addie, let me show you how to do it. I'm a pro!"
Aunt Heather with Lawson and Addie Kate during intermission.
My girl and me backstage
Lawson and Addie Kate going to check out the (fake) fire!

Heather and her little man

Addie with the Asian dancers

Addie Kate with another dancer. She's thinking, "I can do this one day!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by: Designs by Jamie