Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Last Night in the Toddler Bed!

The day after we took Addie to the circus, we'd planned to get her big girl furniture moved in. We were getting a beautiful, antique, white four poster bed, dresser, and mirror from my aunt. Since we didn't do white furniture for her nursery (due solely to matching my childhood furniture - I adore white nursery furniture) I was SO excited! Plus, I love poster beds, especially for girls. Since our house was on the market, I wasn't doing a lot of redecorating, but we did do a few new things. I'll put those pictures up soon.

It was a good and bad thing that my parents had planned to come up on Saturday, because of Tommy's sudden appendectomy, my parents were already on the way and just stayed until we got settled at home the next day from his surgery. Praise the Lord. (And thank God for Mikey who came over to watch AK until they got there!) Plus, we were still able to get her furniture moved in - although unfortunately my parents did it almost all by themselves! I felt awful, and it really didn't set well with Tommy that he couldn't help!

So here are a few pics of my girl and her toddler room, on her last night. I was so glad to just be moving the crib across the hall. I'm sure when it goes for good I'll have a nervous breakdown! Lots of good memories in that crib, and more to be made!



I didn't bother to move the floor pillows we put there in case/ when she fell out the bed. We bought a rail and she hated it. She'd fall out the bed on these pillows and stay asleep until morning! Ha!



Precious little angel baby face!
We were moving this furniture as well. It was pretty in her room. She had a gorgeous nursery. It was hard for me to let it go!
That's her beautiful christening gown that my mother made. I just always had it hanging there and enjoyed seeing it every day. I want to get it shadowboxed, but it's so big, I don't know where I'll be able to put it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by: Designs by Jamie