Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Amelia's Baptism

Amelia, our goddaughter, was baptized the same weekend as Aiden's birthday. It was a whirlwind and we didn't have much time for visiting, but it was a great weekend.

Sadly, even though Tommy and I took a ton of pictures on that day, I didn't have hardly any that were really good!

At the end of the service Tommy went to get Aiden and Addie from the nursery. By the looks of the picture below, it was probably a good idea that we sent them there instead of trying to keep them in the service with us!

This is the best picture I have of sweet Amelia on that day! I'm sure her Mommy and Daddy will be getting some much better pictures made in her christening gown! Notice the bib - when we get to Elliott and Laurie's, Laurie told me she didn't have a nice, white, church bib for the baptism. Amelia is a drooler and a spitter-upper just like her big brother and Addie Kate, and she HAD to have a bib. Elliott thought it would be just fine to put her in a hot pink number like a regular day! I wouldn't have it and told them we'd be back, that we just needed to run into town for a minute. Tommy didn't trust me - knowing full well I'd be going to Pink Croc and finding Addie something that she needed! So, he and Elliott went, and Dena didn't fail us at all! She recognized the two, out of place men, and sent Laurie and I a note saying that she missed us! I bet she did! She only sold about $20 vs. the hundreds that it would have been if Laurie and I had gone. Regardless, I was proud of the boys!

My little stinker. Amelia has a matching dress to this one of AK's. I love to buy matching clothes. We used to match AK and Aiden, but he's getting dangerously close to not being able to do that anymore. Now it's fun to buy two girls things!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by: Designs by Jamie