Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Monkey Joes and Sabroso's - A Great 2nd Birthday!

We wanted Addie to do something fun on her actual birthday, and just about the most fun thing for her right now is anything where she can move as much as she wants to and be as loud as she wants to. Enter Monkey Joe's! I love that place during the week. We had it almost all to ourselves!

We invited Addie's friends Cody and William to come along. It's so funny - they hardly played with each other. They were all on their own agenda. They talked to each other and jumped together some, but mostly as soon as we'd get the three together someone would decide they'd rather be somewhere else!

I think I'll have a nervous breakdown when she can do these things on her own. She's already able to do more than she could the last time we were there. Sigh, then she'll really be a big girl!

I think she had a blast - you could tell by the dirty-ness of her clothes, the redness of her face, and how out of breath she was! And the boys were the same way!

After Monkey Joe's we went to our favorite Mexican restaurant, Sabroso's. (It is by far the best Mexican food we have ever eaten and pretty much a weekly visit for us!) Again, a place we don't have to worry about voice levels! Addie adores the chips and di-yup (salsa, cheese dip, whatever!).

We had so much fun celebrating our sweet girl's 2nd birthday and playing and socializing with friends. That's what life is all about! I pray that Addie is always surrounded by people that enjoy being together!

Here are pictures from our fun night!

At Monkey Joe's:
I think it's hilarious to watch us adults get out of these things!

(I have no clue why they are laying down here!)
Sweet William (don't you just want to put a bow in those curls?)

Amber, William, and Mikey (and baby Jack Henry on the way - LOVE that name - I'm SO glad I'll get to say it all the time since I'll never have one!)
Shannon, Will, and Cody
Addie giving Cody a kiss - this is a regular occurence between these two!


Our only attempt at a family shot - you can see Addie was not thrilled to be forced to be still for even one second!



Excuse me for being a dork, but this was the only way we could get a pic of the three of them!
And at Sabroso's!
A much better family picture!
She actually liked her birthday hat this year!


I'm glad we were able to blow out candles here, because at her party, it was entirely too windy!
Oh yeah, that's my girl!
A face only a mother could kiss!

Love how I was trying to video and help her open her gifts (Big T was taking the other pictures) - I finally passed it on to Mikey.
Shannon listens so well - she heard me say I thought Addie would like this! And she got her an Elmo coloring book - it was right after our big trip to see Elmo!
And Amber was so funny - she said they went "all girl!" I guess a mother of two boys enjoys that! This doll is a lifesaver - it's for the bath and Addie LOVES bathing her baby every night!

There's my little mother - always making sure everyone is alright around her!

Love these "cheese" faces!

We finally just gave up on the group shots!
Nothing like checking a dirty diaper with a chip in your hand!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by: Designs by Jamie