Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Addie Kate's 2nd Birthday

I absolutely cannot believe I have a 2 year old! I always pictured me with a baby, and I wanted a baby - but I never pictured a toddler! I could see myself as the mom of a baby and the mom of a high schooler, but not a toddler! I wonder why my mind skipped over these years? I believe Addie's second year (from when she was 1 to 2) went by faster than her first! Also not what I pictured!

We had a blast celebrating with her. It's so much different this year, now that she actually knows what's going on. Tommy and I didn't talk much to her about her birthday party, but somehow she talked about it nonstop (and still is!). We didn't think she had the concept of a birthday party or birthdays in general, but once again, she surprised us! I even wrapped her presents and had them waiting at the top of the stairs until I had a minute to get them downstairs and on the hearth like we do with all our presents. Well, she came out of her room, saw the presents and said, "my birthday presents!!!" and immediately sat down to open them. They never made it downstairs, instead we opened presents right on the landing where you come up our stairs!

Below are pictures from her opening her gifts from Mommy and Daddy. I had to run out and get her a "few more things" the night before her birthday. I had waited too late to order her some things online and they didn't come in in time. I just wanted to make sure she had "enough." I also did not have anything "big" to give her. (she already had a tricycle and sit-n-spin - typical 2nd birthday gifts, and the other "big" things were covered by grandparents and Christmas.) This REALLY bothered me - why, I do not know. She loves the small things, I guess I just needed something big and elaborate for myself. This is a horrible thing, and I wish I didn't ever feel that way about material things. We certainly do not want Addie growing up measuring herself by the material things that she has. I am going to really try to work on this. Anyway, here are the pictures...

We let her open a few gifts before we went out to celebrate:


As soon as she saw what this was, she said "open it!!" And couldn't stand it until Tommy did!

Love this look - that is SO her! It's something we see all the time, but never get to capture on camera!
A bag full of books - her favorite, next to babies!

A quick phone call from a grandparent:

And after dinner, we finished opening presents. Here she's trying to do so with the doll in her hand that Amber, Mikey, and William gave her.
I love these girly-colored waffle blocks that I found for her. My brother adored these growing up. These have since been put away until she's a little older, but I have a feeling she'll like them.

Daddy reading her mail to her - she loved this card from Gammie and Pop Pop - it sang!
Tommy and I got her exactly the same card - Elmo. So he went back and got her Cookie Monster!

But, she lost focus...
A Mickey Mouse coloring book - man, life is good!

She didn't quite know what to do with the baby-sized diapers she got.


Addie loves Little People!
Later, she got the Little People Nativity Set (LOVE it!) , some Super Why! toys, and some big puzzle block things. I think she had a pretty good little day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by: Designs by Jamie