Thursday, November 19, 2009

Addie Kate's 2nd Birthday Party at the Pumpkin Patch

We celebrated Addie's 2nd Birthday in Lexington at Harmon's Tree Farm. It is the local pumpkin patch, and the only one I know of in Lexington. Of course, after I had planned this whole party, I found a fabulous pumpkin patch in Laurens. We may doing this again next year!

Anyway, Addie had a great time with family and friends. We missed many friends because of various illnesses - I guess it's just that time of year! It was also freezing and windy! So much for my beautifully decorated outside tables! I finally got sick of people getting hit in the face with the balloons and let them go myself!

The kids had a good time on the playground. It's pretty much just a bunch of toys from the owners' children and grandchildren that they piled out in an open field. I thought it was nasty, but I guess kids just don't care!

Always a favorite, the hayride didn't disappoint. It's so funny - Logan slept through most of it, and the other kids looked like they could fall asleep at any minute. Even Gorga (my dad) hopped on for a ride! I even got to see a bloggie friend on a passing hayride! I'm sorry we didn't get to speak, I Love Pink!

Thank you to everyone who came to celebrate our little girl I hope she brings all of you just a little bit of happiness, like she has brought me a lifetime of happiness!

Below are pictures of her fun day:
Addie and some friends playing on the playground before the hayride:
Sweet Sanders
My mom and brother:
Marsha (my godmother) and "Mary Hawk" (her mother):
And on the hayride:
Logan sleeping through it (and my cousin Kegan, his mom):
Sanders and Lawson:
By the time we got to the "pumpkin picking" portion, none of the adults wanted to get off and I was worried about all of the people waiting for us back at the picnic tables. So, Tommy got off and picked pumpkins, then threw them up onto the hayride to Steven. Some things never change!
My girl - she was playing with her pumpkin and I was trying to keep her from hitting herself in the face!

Tori and Melissa:
See how relaxed they all got? One more loop around and surely they would have all fallen asleep!
The birthday cake and singing: (And notice the birthday outfit - I made it myself! Mom had to applique it, of course, but I did the rest - including the curly bows!)
I love this picture that Heather got - this is SO Addie! She got icing all over her hands, because she picked up the piece of cake and tried to eat it like a cupcake - and had a FIT until I cleaned her up! Ha!
And some of the present opening - I didn't put them all up here! She loved this card from Granny - it sang!
My mom and Lawson:Any book that she got, she insisted on reading and we had to bribe her to give the book to someone and open another gift! (See the table cloth blowing up? Ugh! We had to weight everything down!)



A well rested and happy Logan:
And after the party as we were cleaning up, Andrea and her boyfriend took Sanders and Addie to play on the broken-down carousel thing. David just pushed it and the kids were happy! My cousins are the BEST babysitters!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my!!! You made that precious outfit????? That is the first thing that caught my eye when I saw AK on the playground! You are talented!!!! She made it look even better! I hope she enjoyed ALL of her bday festivities! I enjoyed looking at the beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete

 

Design by: Designs by Jamie