Thursday, July 8, 2010

Fancy Nancy plays on swingsets, doesn't she?

I guess Addie's Little Gym classes paid off, because she can do things that amaze me! These pictures were back in April (I know, really, I am so far behind I can't even remember these things!). Tommy was traveling, so my mom, thankfully, came up to help out some.

After Addie came with mom to meet me at the glasses store, in a smocked dress, ONE pigtail on the side of her head (she pulled the other out in the car and mom couldn't find the miniscule, clear rubberband), a TUTU, and crocs! I mean, bless her heart, she looked like little orphan Annie! When I walked to the car door and looked in, I opened my mouth to object, then saw the look on Mom's face, and just shut it!

So as soon as we got home, the Nancy dress had to come back on, and the flip flops, to do nothing but go play in the yard! Now looking back on the pictures, the teacher in me comes out, and hates that I allowed her to play on a swingset in flip flops and a too-big dress. All of my safety training started going off in my head! Oh well. I will dress her more appropriately for the super fun equipment they have at her preschool!

Addie has learned she can hang on bars and rings! Apparently, that's something they taught her at Little Gym, because had she not started it on her own, I never would have allowed it this early! We were at dinner at a friend's house and his swingset has a pair of rings, which Addie grabbed right on and swung herself with! (I have a picture of that, but it's on my phone, and I haven't taken the time to upload those.)

Addie wants your help getting up there, and holding her on, then wants you to let go!

I love these pictures of her with my mom! There is nothing like that bond between mother and daughter, and between granddaughter/grandmother!







No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by: Designs by Jamie