
Tommy and I finally had our first experience with Chuck E Cheese the other weekend. Oh, and Addie Kate had her first experience with it, too, I just think it was more of a shock for Tommy and me! Our sweet friend Raymond turned 5 [which blows my mind - it seems like only yesterday Tommy and I were bringing a big goody bag (read: diapers) to them on their first night at home with him!] and that was where he wanted his party!
That place was WILD! It was, literally, hard to walk around in there! As soon as we got there we made our way back to the birthday party section, which of course, was in front of the stage. As soon as Addie saw those creatures moving, she went nuts. She crawled all up me, was pulling at any part of me possible, then went to Tommy and did the same with him. He though, is a lot stronger and can handle this longer, holding her up there trying to show her that they couldn't hurt her. Eventually, either she calmed down or they stopped playing. Either way, peace resumed, at least with her! I found us a seat and meant I was not moving. Tommy was braver than I and took Addie out into the madness. He actually played skee-ball with her (she held a ball and he threw a different one, she'd hand him hers and she'd pick up another, and so on), sat her on one ride, and put her in the Chuck E Cheese car that she actually did ride! I do hate I missed it, but at least we have a picture. I am entirely too anxious for a situation like that! I am all over taking Addie back one day - at like 9 AM on a Tuesday or something!
We all three did love some Chuck E Cheese pizza and birthday cake! Also, when the creatures came on to sing again, Addie didn't mind them at a distance, and still in the safety of Daddy's lap!
Whew, another milestone crossed! What a big girl she's getting to be!
No comments:
Post a Comment