Tuesday, November 4, 2008

One Year Check-Up

This is what shots do to our girl. This was taken about 5:30 pm. Tommy told me that Addie walked over to him and laid her head on his lap, so he picked her up and they just rocked. He said he felt the passy fall and knew she was out! I know she felt rotten, but this is such a sweet picture!

Last Monday we took Addie Kate for her one year doctor's visit. Everything was perfect and we are so happy. (Do all of you mothers get nervous when taking your child to one of these visits? It may be just me stemmed from those days a year ago when we took her every other day for weight checks!) Our little pumpkin has finally reached, and surpassed, the 50th percentile in weight! She weighed 22 lbs. and was in the 67th percentile. She was 29 inches long, which is the 48th percentile (which we are thrilled about because she was in the 27th at her 9 month visit!), and her head was 18 inches, which is in the 77th percentile (which I freaked out about, but the Dr. reassured me that was a good and healthy measurement!). We sure have come a long way from her 4th percentile days! I'm telling you though, this girl can put some food away!

We are now beginning to let go of the baby days and head towards toddler-hood. We try our very hardest to only give her the pacifier at naptime and bedtime, and our goal (As advised by the pediadontist) is to have her only use it at bedtime by 18 months. Whew, that's a tough one to think about! We are only using a bottle at night, and I finished up the last bit of formula tonight (we were doing 4 oz. whole milk, 2 oz. formula, just to use it up). We'll be attempting getting rid of that night time bottle in the next few days... weeks.

Lastly, her top teeth are finally breaking through. We've had a lovely teething experience with these two teeth as well. Nasty diapers, cough, runny nose, less eating, crabby-ness, the works. Bless her sweet heart. I think they have finally cut all the way through, just need to come down.

She has begun some small tantrums. She wants what she wants and fusses until she gets it - whether that is on her own or with someone else helping her. She's such a stinker!

Her vocabulary continues to expand. Words to add to her list (and I know I'm leaving some out):

good girl
Nana (banana)
co-co (we have no idea who/what this is!)
ba-be (I'm starting to think this is the bottle or sippycup)
more

We have begun putting her down with a blanket, which stresses me out. I don't like those thick, fleece-y pajamas - they seem too hot, but in the cotton pajamas, in the mornings everything but her tummy/ chest is really cold. So, I did break down and put her in some last night. We'll see.
Her playroom is almost 100% put together. I think she knows that's her little room, and I think she enjoys it!

We've still done really well with no television. I'm not much of a TV person at all, but at the same time, I'm not the least bit above it if need be! We are just trying to hold out as long as we can!

She is walking more than crawling now. She prefers to walk but if she stumbles she'll crawl the rest of the way.
She is into more and more each day. Anything and everything and nonstop. Whew, she wears me out! I can't wait for her to learn to pick up!

I think that's all for now. The joy this child brings to us is immeasurable!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by: Designs by Jamie