Monday, May 17, 2010

Spring Break Fun at Mimi and Googa's

Addie Kate and I unexpectedly spent the majority of our spring break in Lexington at my parents' house. I had tried to figure out all week how AK and I could get down there without having to drive, and then Tommy come down for Easter weekend. It's TERRIBLE to drive two cars to the same place. If the gas isn't enough, just wearing out two cars (and for the amount we travel, we try to take every opportunity to not have to drive somewhere!), and not being green should be enough!


So, my dad bought himself a new truck. Bought it up here in Greenville because he had been researching it forever and that's where the best deal was found. He hitched a ride with a friend of ours on Tuesday to come up, and AK and I rode back with him to Lexington that afternoon. I love being in Lexington, after all, that is home, but it greatly cut down on all the chores I wanted to accomplish for spring break. However, that being said, had I been at home, I probably would not have relaxed near as much as I did in Lexington. Just being at home presents so many to-do's. So, it was nice to be away.
After packing the truck with the TONS of stuff I brought with us to Lexington, and putting the car seat in (and mind you, it was HOT outside), we put Addie in her seat and got ready to go. My poor dad tried to get in the car and couldn't even get his leg in. I had moved the seat up to get the car seat in, and we couldn't move it back at all before Addie started wailing. I mean, crying big ole huge tears! So, we unloaded the entire truck, and moved her seat to the middle, then reloaded everything. My parents have never been truck people, and Tommy had a little one while we were dating, but we replaced it the first year we were married. I mean, I do not know how to operate those things!
I will say that because I was in Lexington and had my mom's help, I was able to make Addie a new outfit, and three other bottoms - a pair of shorts, a pair of bloomers, and a pair of pants! I never would have done that much at home!
It was so nice outside, that we spent a lot of time out there playing. My parents have the best yard. Now that I live in a neighborhood, I hate it. I want to live back out in the country like I did growing up. I mean, you can't play outside in just a shirt in a neighborhood...


My dad was not happy with me taking this picture, but the moment was precious. No, I wouldn't want my picture taken if I had worked in the yard all day and still was wearing those dirty clothes, and was drinking a beer because it was 5:00 somewhere, but again, the moment was precious!

And look at the happiness that little punkin has when she scored the hat finally. (And let me tell you, that is LOVE to put on that dirty, stinky, sweaty old hat!)


We had a little impromptu egg hunt...


And as they got hidden in more difficult spots, AK had to employ a little help...

Addie putting her finds in one of the beautiful pinestraw baskets that my mom makes. Addie's Easter basket is a sweetgrass basket, which we dearly love (only fitting for a SC history teacher's daughter to have a sweetgrass basket for her Easter basket!), but these pinestraw baskets are gorgeous! (She was making them at my house not that long ago, and she has the pinestraw sticking out of a cup, and Addie kept insisting that she was playing with sticks!)
Addie's here going for the eggs in the ferns that ended up being mine and Susan's Easter presents from my mom! (And it's STILL living - here a month later!)

And then all of a sudden my funny little stinker just broke out into a run - in circles - as fast as she could, yelling at the top of her lungs. I have no idea where she could have gotten such a personality from.

See that little blue door in the above picture? That's an old Little Tikes car that's supposed to look like the old wood-paneled minivans. My Aunt Carol, who AK calls "CoCo," bought a ton of toys for her house when her granddaughter was a toddler. She cleaned out and divided the toys between my mom and my Aunt Mary to have when Sanders and Addie are here. AK got the tricycle (pictured in earlier pics) and Sanders got the minivan. Well, I went on a run at the beginning of the week and my mom and Addie went on a walk. I met them back at my Aunt Mary's where Addie was playing in the car. Sanders wasn't due to come till later in the week, so we hijacked the car. Addie loved it until Alice called on Friday asking just where that car was... :o)!

Yep, she got down and dirty, in just her shirt and drawers, to get "them eggs!" Only in Lexington!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by: Designs by Jamie