Monday, May 24, 2010

Easter Sunday 2010

Easter Sunday was gorgeous! I prefer a later-in-the year Easter. Once Easter hits, I want to wear flip flops, sleeveless clothes, and springy colors. If there's still frost on the ground, you can't do that! I like for the grass to be green and the flowers to be in bloom! And this year, that was the case!



As usual, and for, I hope, many years to come, my mom made Addie Kate's gorgeous Easter dress. I have Addie's Easter dresses picked out for the next few years, I think! I find them in magazines, and I am fortunate to have a mother that can reproduce just about anything. It's a good thing they are usually worn to holy events, as many foul words were usually shed over the making of these beautiful heirlooms!



I said last Easter that Addie would probably not have any more french hand sewn Easter dresses for a while, but I couldn't resist this one. And she did fine! No lace was torn this year, unlike last year. The only issue was pancake syrup in a few places on the front, and that was easily remedied with a rinse in the sink!



Thanks Mimi for this beautiful dress! And Alleluia! Christ is risen!







Fancy dress or not, give my daughter a hill and a big, grassy field to run in, and she takes off!






Love that little tongue sticking out - obviously she was concentrating on something! Probably escaping!

Our best shot at a family picture, which is a milestone in itself - the first picture that AK has stood in. Of course, it was because she wouldn't let us hold her, but still, it's a milestone in and of itself!
So, we took some pictures without her!

Aunt Sue and Uncle Paul

Mimi and Googa (which used to be "Gorga"), my parents.

And.... she found the ramp! Turkey!

Uncle Paul came to the rescue and grabbed her for an attempt at a family picture. Mommy can only do so much chasing in heels!



My girl and me! Good thing she has my coloring, because otherwise, she'd look just like her daddy! (She does look a lot like my baby pictures, and really looks a lot like two of my cousins.) I think it's so neat for children to be a good mix of both parents!

Our family!
Christ is risen! He is risen indeed! Alleluia!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by: Designs by Jamie