This is a little taste of what Addie Kate does at Mimi and Gorga's, when Daddy is working in Mexico and she and Mommy come down for almost a week...
She absolutely adores my dad's "Man Cave." Tommy actually can tell her to go play in the playroom, and she goes in there! My dad does not like that it doubles as a playroom, but I think it's hilarious!
Very few things are safe anymore around her. Her climbing gears are going strong and there are few things she stays off of. Here she's on my dad's chair, going for the computer. It took her a good few minutes to get up there, but check out the look of accomplishment on her sweet face when she made it:

She knows exactly what to do:

Here, she climbed onto a kitchen chair, and found something else to play with:

And gets upset with me when I tell her not to be up there:

Talk about milking the grandparents - check out what she's eating - M&M's! My mom and I were shopping in Greenville and had to do/find something to keep Addie entertained, and Mom turned to a bag of M&M's that were in her purse. Addie Kate ate the
entire bag! Now she's addicted! Hopefully that will serve us well in potty training! [Let me mention here, since this is our little scrapbook, that on another shopping/dressing room adventure recently with my mom, we sat my mom's purse in the stroller and got Addie out to stretch her legs. We should have known that Addie wanted to play with the straps, (our little engineer) so she moved my mom's purse - upside down! The
whole thing emptied onto the dressing room floor. I laughed my tail off. It was a TON of stuff! Another trip she got me back and opened my wallet, which had no less than 100 receipts in it. Ahhhhh, she's not the shopper I need her to be just yet!]


Taking care of her favorite baby at my parents' house. This was my mom's baby doll growing up. It is big and hard and heavy, has no crotch, kind of ugly, and Addie loves it. I did put one of Addie's diapers on it, but she can get it off now, and so it's off and on an equal amount. It certainly looks a lot better with the diaper on!

And here, I was turned the other way, and she was telling me she was putting the baby "night night." I turned around and this was the set up. Bless her heart. She is so funny and sweet and absolutely delightful in every way! [Good thing my dad only wears "dollar store" glasses! Paul and Susan came over for dinner and Addie Kate and Susan enjoyed playing with them. When I finally wrestled them away from my daughter, they were beyond nasty from her little toddler fingers. So, naturally, I left them that way and let my dad put them on that dirty. He asked if they had been in the toilet. Love it!]

This child
loves some "da-kes." Loves them. Good thing, especially if she takes after her daddy, or continues to wears other people's strong prescription glasses around. She'll be walking into doorways before we know it.

We went and checked out Uncle Paul's pool one night, once we realized it had a neat little incline entry. Perfect for children if there isn't a kiddie pool around. It also has several fountains, that Addie Kate loved:


Addie Kate watching Paul and our cousin Ryan making the small fountains huge. Yep, he's an engineer.

I forgot my swimsuit, so Paul had to handle her all by himself. And I loved sitting back and watching that!

She had a blast, but it ended suddenly when we realized swim diapers didn't quite hold blow-outs as well as they should.

Addie Kate also got some swim time in at my Aunt Lisa's. She loved having Sanders and Logan there to play with. And Margaret is always so good with her!

Apparently Sanders needed some TLC, and my sweet angel was all about it. I mean, she is doubled over trying to give that baby a kiss. I love it!

And again!
No comments:
Post a Comment