Before:

After:

Tommy and I had been noticing that Addie Kate's hair was a little uneven on the bottom (mostly when it's wet, which has been often this summer). Ever since she started getting hair (after she lost all of that beautiful blonde hair she was born with, and that caused me so much reflux!), she had a tiny baby mullet! But finally, and with the help of big bows, that look had gone away. Neither of us wanted to cut her hair, but it just wasn't looking as pretty as we knew it could. My mom also told me that my grandmother, who used to cut hair, used to say that regular trims encouraged growth, so we went for it. (Not that I want her to have long hair at all, I am not a fan of that on babies!) I hate Tommy wasn't there for it, but I did document the 10 minute occasion with about 50 pictures (with Misty's camera - I forgot mine.)!
Mom had an appointment, so Misty, who used to cut my hair while in Lexington (and who does still every now and then - her or Cindy - Jenny's sister), did Addie's really quick while mom was under the dryer. Addie, who never sits still for anything, ever, sat like a little lady while Misty did the whole thing! I gave her a lollipop, and she was just mesmerized - by both the lollipop and Misty! She sucked on that lollipop so hard that there was more drool going down the front of the smock than there was hair, and there was a little red puddle on the floor! Ha!
Whereas a little bit of the curl is gone, it's still just as precious as ever, and you can hardly even tell it's been cut!
My big girl before it was cut (a little unsure of what was going on):













No comments:
Post a Comment