Wednesday, October 22, 2008

To my beautiful daughter



Happy Birthday!!




One day down the road you will be able to look back at all the work that your mother has done for you to chronicle the first year(s) of your life. You will then ask yourself, why didn't daddy write something for me. Well, you will have learned over the years that your mother is much more creative in her writing than I am but I did want to take the opportunity to weigh in on such a special day to me, Your Birthday.

It was exactly one year ago today that God granted me this most precious and beautiful gift in the world, you. Everyone knows how hard and trying it was for your mother to get pregnant and I cannot tell you how hard it was on me to have to sit and watch, so to speak. But then one day, God smiled upon us and granted us this wish, the wish to have a child. To our surprise, we got you. A child that has brought more smiles, laughter, and love then we could have ever dreamed possible. A child whom we love more than life itself. At 9:21am on October 22, 2007, you were born. You came out like a true Sweatman would, in your own way and on your own time. Your mom was in labor with you for 14 hours and you still had to be pulled out. Stubborn, well I can honestly say, that is a trait that you get from your father. But there you were, this beautiful, yet dirty baby, screaming letting everyone know that you had arrived. I cannot believe that it has been a whole year already. I hope when you look back on this blog and are able to read and understand what is written that you take with you that your mommy and daddy love you so very much and we are so very blessed to have you in our lives.
So I will leave you with this. Happy Birthday Baby, I love you with all my heart!!
Love,
Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by: Designs by Jamie