On Halloween, Tommy was out of town. We were super sad, but made the most of it. We invited Mimi and Googa over (they haven't gotten trick or treaters in years, and when they did, it wasn't very many) and Paul and Sue. I made a big pot of chili and put AK in charge of the dessert:
Drew was happy to show off the pumpkin he decorated at school.
We trick or treated in style - wagon and umbrella. Why does it always rain on Halloween?
Pretty soon they realized the wagon just slowed them down, and walked despite the rain.
Addie Kate originally wanted to be a cowgirl. (Despite my attempts at something much cuter.) Halloween isn't my favorite holiday, I can admit that. It also takes a massive backseat to Addie Kate's birthday and kind of sneaks up on me. In fact, I didn't have anything for Drew either, and Kelly came to the rescue with this adorable pirate costume from her boys years ago. The (poorly thrown together) cowgirl costume I guess did not suit Addie Kate, and she just grabbed a Belle dress from her dress-up stash, and the new crown that we got when we saw Beauty and the Beast on Broadway at the Koger Center the weekend before. So she was Belle.
Our neighborhood is tiny, and we love it. This was our first year trick or treating in it. I think they kind of forgot about trick or treating, as our children are the youngest. At one of the houses, a friend of ours that is hilarious, wasn't quite ready for us. We heard all her dogs barking, and her screaming wait on her! When she came out she was so excited, saying she hasn't had trick or treaters in years. Our kids loved it.
After we trick or treated at about 5 houses in our sweet little neighborhood, we headed to Mt. Horeb's trunk or treat. It was huge and massive and like nothing I'd ever seen.
Here's Brett, dressed like Willie Robertson, and resembling him remarkably well!
I brought Paul and Sue with us, and I was thankful since it was so dark and so crowded. Addie Kate convinced Uncle Paul to dance, which is always entertaining.
Back at home, I tried to wind the kids down....
Earlier that week, on dance night, we passed Lexington Baptist Church and Addie Kate saw the massive display they did. Fortunately, that is Tommy's parents' church. Also fortunately, they were picking her up from dance. Lastly, she was already dressed in a costume for dance. So they just took her after dance. She had a great time and I'm glad it worked out for her to go.
Some pictures of the "after" of Halloween:
Addie Kate passed out in my bed.
And Drew, the next morning.... who climbed in the bar stool, then over the top of the bar, to get to his pumpkin of candy. That boy!
I love his little squat!
No comments:
Post a Comment