We were up early and ready to go for day two of our fun Disney vacation! It was dryer than the day before, pretty cool out, and we were so excited!
We loved seeing the old America characters greet everyone as they entered the park:
And the awe of my girl's face as she saw the Magic Kingdom and Cinderella's Castle the first time....
(Words cannot express how mad I am that these pictures uploaded sideways. I tried and tried and tried, and hoping Blogger would fix itself - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't - I kept putting off writing this post.)
(Notice how our Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique hairstyle is still the same, even after sleeping on it!)
With my research, we headed straight back to Fantasyland. We knew that was where we'd want to spend most of our time anyway, with two little ones, and it's the most crowded part of the park. It was hard to not stop and stand in awe at the castle, so we did take a little time to get a few pictures of our girl. This was her heaven. She could not believe she was seeing Cinderella's Castle. And I was a bit giddy to say the least!
Also with my research, I knew to ride Peter Pan's Flight first. Sure enough, already that early, there was a little line. But fortunately, no line was too much waiting for us. We were so thankful. Addie Kate loved this ride, and still says it was her favorite. (Unfortunately, we had our big lens on our camera and I couldn't get a picture of her in the boat with me. I could get a picture of Tommy and Drew behind us though!)
We hit It's a Small World next, also because of my research. It had a little line too, but there's so much to see in there, that it didn't matter. Tommy didn't want to ride it, but I knew he wouldn't miss out on riding anything with our girl!
(Hair looking a little disheveled, but she loved it. And it was nice to get two days out of a $100 hairstyle.)
Precious baby boy did so good. All day long, the whole trip. This was the perfect age if you were taking someone that isn't four. He couldn't walk around or run, and didn't want to. He was happy to ride in the stroller and be held every once and a while. Even now, a month later, it'd be so much harder. When we go back, Addie Kate will be almost six and Drew will be two. He will likely not be going with us. I saw parent after frustrated parent dealing with toddlers that didn't want to ride in the stroller, wanted to run, etc. etc. There's no way. Either take a baby, like us, or don't take them until they are four - maybe three if yours isn't as high maintenance as Addie Kate is. And honestly, had Drew were not a breastfed baby, he probably wouldn't have gone with us. Although as easy as he is, there was no reason for him not to.
Yep. High Maintenance.
Addie Kate wishing and throwing money into the water at the entrance to Small World. I love the sweet look on her face when she's making a wish.
Drew loved the boat and seeing all the bright colors. Addie Kate did too, but Drew was like bouncing up and down!
(of course I had to get a picture of the fleur de lis!)
(A pink elephant for Ellie!)
Oh yeah, this was fun to wash out that night. Stiff as a board.
Next up was Mad Hatter's Tea Party. I opted to sit out of this - spinning does not do well for me. I was worried about Addie Kate, but she loved it. I swear I could hear her sweet little laugh over everyone! Tommy said she just said, "Whoa," and "Faster!" the whole time!
Then we headed to the Magical Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. This line was the longest so far, but luckily, they had a lot of entertaining things for kids to see and do. Addie Kate loved playing in the line as much as the ride!
I said, "Addie Kate, smile at me the right way!" And this is what I got:
Turkey.
They had precious illustrations throughout the whole waiting area and ride. It seriously looked straight out of the movie, which was straight out of the book.
Oh that sweet face.
She loved this thing! Cracks me up - such simplicity.
This ride was precious too. This sums up pretty much our morning. It was a great start to our first day in the Magic Kingdom!
No comments:
Post a Comment