After our fun little makeover at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, we headed to the beautiful Grand Floridian Resort to have dinner with Cinderella, Prince Charming, and the Stepmother and Stepsisters. Addie Kate knew we were going to a nice dinner, but had no idea who would be there with us! I could. not. wait. My heart was racing as we neared our dinnertime. I was so excited to see my little girl meet Cinderella, and start having those dreams come true in "The Happiest Place on Earth!
Even though we had reservations, we had to wait a good bit for dinner. I was worried and upset about this, as it was already so much later than our typical 6:00 dinnertime, but everyone made it and was still happy!
The Grand Floridian is one of the most beautiful hotels I've ever seen. And Tommy and I have been fortunate enough to see hotels all over the world. This place was gorgeous. As we walked into the lobby, a pianist was playing the most beautiful renditions of famous Disney songs. There was a group of little girls there, and one in particular, dressed as Sleeping Beauty, asked me if Addie Kate could dance with her! It was precious. I told her that she could, of course, and Addie did a bit. Her shyness came out, as she was just completely overwhelmed by all this day had been for her.
(Please excuse this fuzzy picture, but I did want to document this cute little girl that invited Addie Kate to dance! So sweet!)
Isn't this pianist the most precious little man? I loved him and we enjoyed his music, until he stopped! Addie danced a little bit, but was still acting a little reserved.
Once the man stopped playing we walked around the hotel a bit. Found a gift shop, and my homing device went off. I do love a good gift shop. While we were in there, we heard a band strike up, and we went back out to look above us at the balcony of the second floor. A jazz band had started playing and they were awesome! They too played gorgeous, jazzed-up Disney music, and this time, Addie Kate did dance. You couldn't not dance. It was wonderful!
The lobby was filled with precious little girls, all excited (some dressed up like mine, some not) and ready to meet Cinderella!
She danced with all of us, and had a great time. I love that she's being exposed to so much already so early on in her little life. She can identify so many different things and I'm so proud!
(Won't this be a great picture at her wedding one day?)
We had seen a beautiful carriage and an old car at the valet. Addie Kate, naturally, wanted to go back out there and see it, and get her picture taken. That girl does love to pose and have her picture taken. Cracks me up, but certainly makes it easier these days to take her picture!
Baby boy just hung out. Not interested in all that we were at Disney World, or that we were about to have dinner with Cinderella!
As soon as we walked into the restaurant, Addie Kate was spellbound. She was so excited. She could not believe who she was seeing, and she immediately went to talking to us all about them, once getting over her shock!
Drizella came over to us first. She was hilarious, totally played the part well of being the bratty stepsister, but without being ugly or scary. Addie Kate loved it.
I love these hilarious poses! They would try to get Addie Kate to do what they did! It was perfect. They really do a great job of acting the part!
They tried talking to Drew, but he was not. a. fan. At all. He liked very few characters on the whole trip, and I couldn't help but laugh! (Tommy later had a talk with him about what to do and how to act when a pretty girl talked to him! ha!)
Next up was Lady Tremain, the stepmother. She really played the part well - was almost snobby, and didn't smile a bit. She asked AK if she had done all of her chores before coming to dinner. Cracked me up, but Addie Kate looked at her like she had three heads!
During the meal, music and a speaker would sound, announcing who was entering the room.
Next up to visit us was Prince Charming. Addie was excited about meeting all of these people, but she was really holding out for Cinderella!
And then she came. She was absolutely precious. She was beautiful and everything Cinderella should be. Addie Kate's little eyes just sparkled and she was in her version of heaven! I beamed and I swear I could have cried I was so happy for her, but I held it together, or would have never have lived it down with Big T!
I love my girl's nervous looks, but I wish she would keep her tongue in her mouth, and her hands out of her mouth! Geez!
Cinderella just spent as much time with us as she wanted. She was sweet and kind and loving, just as she is in the movie.
She gave her a sweet little kiss goodbye! (By the way, Tommy made her wipe the lips off of her cheek, and I thought AK was going to cry!)
Priceless.
Next up was Anastasia. She was completely hilarious. We all just laughed and laughed at her!
She asked AK who her favorite was, and Addie was smart enough to point at her (she talked very little to any of them). Ha! Addie can't stand those step sisters on the movie!
She, too, asked if she could give Addie Kate a kiss:
Ha!
The speaker sounded that it was time for the Royal Waltz. Our seats were perfect. We were on the main walkway and everyone passed by us, and the waltz was right there at us.
When the Prince and Cinderella stopped dancing together, Cinderella immediately turned and asked our girl if she would like to dance with her. Of course, Addie Kate hopped right up!
They did their curtsies...
Then the prince asked our girl to dance! She doesn't blush much, but she definitely was here!
Then ole Anastasia returned and asked Addie Kate if she wanted to dance, saying, "Since I am your favorite!" Of course Addie did, and that girl could not dance! She was hilarious, dancing just as they did on the movie. It was funny because Addie Kate was about to dance "gracefully" as she did with Cinderella and the Prince, when Anastasia broke out into a jig! They did a great job playing the part of not being cute, graceful, or anything Cinderella was.
And Addie Kate loved it!
The two sisters got together to "interrupt" the Prince and Cinderella dancing, yelling out his name, and shoving each other out of the way. It was too funny!
It was a perfect end to a perfect first day, and was a great start to our trip! The next day was the Magic Kingdom and if it got any better than this, none of us could believe it!
No comments:
Post a Comment