Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Precious New Shirt
She couldn't be happier to wear this, and Tommy and I couldn't have been happier to buy it. We are in absolute amazement that we are going to be blessed with another sweet baby in our family. All we have ever wanted is children, and used to think a house full of them. Well, that may not happen, but we will at least have two sweet children to fill our lives with joy!
The sweet girl at my favorite children's boutique kept the shop open for me to make a mad dash from Greenville so Addie could wear this shirt to my parents' house that night. Tommy didn't come with us, so he called and kept my mom busy on the phone so they wouldn't come out to the car like they usually do. We parked up the driveway and I let Addie walk in first. I told her to show them her shirt, and she did! However, Aunt Sue is the only observant one enough to notice! She just smiled at me as we waited for Uncle Paul and Googa to "get it." They finally did - Uncle Paul just beamed and Googa said, "Wait. Hold the phone. Somebody had better go in there and get your mama." Ha! He cracks me up. So, Addie runs in the kitchen (where mom is still talking to Tommy), and it takes forever, and a lot of prompting for Tommy, for her to see the shirt. It was a fun way to tell our good news. I wish I were more creative, but that was as good as it gets! (When we were pregnant with Addie, we just simply told them - nothing special. It had been a long process and we were so nervous!) We told Tommy's mom the weekend before and his dad the next day.
We did in vitro again to get this precious baby. Our stats were not even as good as they were with Addie, and with her they weren't great, so I was convinced it didn't work. Thank God above for acupuncture, or it probably wouldn't have worked - my stress levels were over the top. I even had high blood pressure at one point - something I have never had. Tommy stayed positive the whole time, at least with me, thank goodness. I was blown away when I took that first pregnancy test (too early to do so, but I have no patience) and it was positive. And all three of the pregnancy tests I took every day after that were positive too! My blood test numbers were great. Not as high with Addie, so I was pretty sure there was just one baby. Addie however, was convinced there were two, and that we'd be naming them Cinderella and Prince Charming. The first ultrasound showed one little angel and we were happy as can be. Now we are just trying to convince her that it will be ok if the baby is a boy. Good thing we have another six months to do so, because she is not waivering!
So that's our latest good news, and how nice for it to be such good news. Now I'm just trying to survive this pregnancy (that is crazy miserable, but I'm still so thankful that it doesn't matter), and all of the typical day-to-day things with a wild and sweet three year old! Looks like first of May we'll have a new one, so I'm enjoying each moment with my only child for now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment