Monday, July 14, 2008

Addie Kate Update

Addie has learned so many new tricks lately, I feel like I haven't shared them all with you! She is now 8 1/2 months old. I keep thinking back to last summer and how so very much has changed in our lives since then. Whoa!

  • She says bye-bye and waves. A lot of times she's too shy to say bye-bye, but typically if someone says it to her, she automatically starts to wave.

  • She continues to army crawl, but has taken a few "steps" crawling the regular way.

  • She is trying her hardest to pull up! We can't believe it! She often goes from her hands to feet (like the downward dog position in yoga!) and if you prop her up and hold her, she will stand at a toy or something.

  • Tommy had to lower the crib mattress this weekend.

  • She started (at 36 weeks) sitting up by herself.

  • She has started to let you know if she doesn't want you to hold her. She'll take her arm and tuck it back behind her back and turn her little head.

  • She has also started to show excitement by pulling her shoulders up around her head. So sweet!

  • She points at everything! The other day I was feeding her, and Tommy was sitting beside us on the couch. All of a sudden she stopped eating, looked up at me, pointed and yelled one of her "words," then went back to eating. Hilarious! Tommy and I just looked at each other and laughed!

  • Recap - she says MaMa and DaDa. I was at Tommy's dad's house this week (her Gram and Pop's) and was telling them that I hadn't heard her say DaDa much that day. I looked at her and said, "Addie, say DaDa." She looked at me and said so sweetly, "DaDa!"

  • This is old, but I wanted to write it anyway. When she hears any whistling (including The Andy Griffith Show on TV), she breaks her neck to look around and find Tommy. Tommy whistles all the time, and I guess Addie has just made that connection!

  • She has started eating Puffs. She doesn't like me putting them in her mouth, but then she enjoys eating them. Although, still no teeth!

  • I would write what her favorite toy and favorite thing to do is, but we don't know! We do know this - she LOVES to play in the floor. She could care less for the exersaucer (10 minutes max in that thing), same with the swing, I don't know when the last time was that I put her in her bouncey seat, etc. But put her in the floor surrounded by toys, and she'll play forever!

  • She is still a cuddler (which I LOVE) and has the sweetest disposition. She does, however, have a temper. You'll see it if you take something from her!
  • She loves to play the drop game, mostly at restaurants. That makes for a fun time eating bending over to pick her toys up all the time! But, she behaves if we play it, so we do!
  • She is LOUD! Whether she's happy, sad, or mad, she is LOUD! (I know, no big surprise there!)

  • The piggy still reigns supreme in our house! It's our favorite!

I believe that's all for now! Here is an adorable picture. It's a few weeks old, but it's our classic Addie!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by: Designs by Jamie