Mommy and Daddy also got to enjoy an adults evening on Saturday, with Heather and Steven, which was SO nice, then Heather and Lawson came to visit Addie on Sunday. (Yes, we are all piled in the bed - don't know how that happened!)
We all three went to lunch at Tommy's mom's house, where Addie really enjoyed spending time with them, especially her Aunt Christie and friends. Addie was getting a little fussy (fighting sleep, her favorite thing to do) and Christie calmed her right down! Here's Addie showing them her new trick of rolling over, and playing with her precious new firefly that was in her treat bag from Aiden's birthday party (along with some teething biscuits - that Aunt Laurie knows what she's doing!).
Lastly, Addie Kate and I went to join my mother at the Mother/Daughter Tea at St. Peter's. This was such a very special time for my mom and me, because never before has she been a grandmother, nor I a mother. It was wonderful to be in this new capacity! We also had portraits taken there, which I will post when I get them back. The theme of the program was quilting, so my wedding quilt, my grandmother's quilt that my mom finished, and Addie's quilt that was made by two of her great grandmothers and her Nana were all displayed. There was a program and all three of us were able to be in it. The program was amazing - it was the story of a quilt made of special articles of clothing from a young girl's life. Then, each article was "acted out" as the story was read. My mom, Addie, and I were the baptism scene. We pretty much just stood there while the Fulmer sisters that go to St. Peter's sang "I Was There to Hear Your Borning Cry," which is one of our favorite songs (it was sung and Tommy's and my wedding), so it was hard not to get those new mom sniffles, but I handled it! (No, that's not a hankie in my mom's hand - it's a burp cloth - you know, they are attached to us!) Addie did great in her acting debut! And, mom and I were delighted that she was able to wear her beautiful christening gown again! Here are some pictures of that special day! (And no, mom and I are not wearing black pantyhose, it was just the lighting!)


No comments:
Post a Comment