Thursday, May 1, 2014

Spring Break 2014

We had a great little Spring Break this year. Since we had just done our big Disney trip, we opted to stay close to home for Spring Break. We spent the first day completely at home, which is so nice sometimes, especially for those like us who are always on the go. 

On Tuesday, I took the kids to redeem some birthday and Christmas gift cards, then to a picnic at Saluda Shoals. Aunt Sue met us over there for the picnic. It is such a great playground and often it's empty, which is what this mama prefers. Well worth $5 to get in. 



I only got pictures of Addie Kate because I was nervously chasing Drew, who has zero fear and great mobility and gross motor skills - so he was climbing everything and playing everywhere. I love it. My 100% boy. 

On Wednesday, we went with Daddy to Charleston. While he worked, we did some things that we love to do. We hit up the aquarium for the new mermaid show. It was packed. I love our aquarium because it's cheap and quick, and not usually too crowded. The kids love it too because it's so interactive. 




 We have a few eagles near our house. I loved this life-sized nest. Can you imagine? We had heard, when we went to NASA years ago, that they were the size of a queen mattress. That was pretty accurate. 

 Of course my kids wanted pictures with one of the mermaids. I'm pretty sure every man there did too. 
 The aquarium's view is one of my favorites in Charleston. 


The kids and I hung around downtown for a bit, then we picked up Daddy and headed out to Sullivan's - one of my favorite places in Charleston. I thought the kids would enjoy running around on Fort Moultrie and I was right. I tried teaching a little South Carolina history, but they'd have none of it. They thought it was a giant playground. 
 We showed them the lighthouse and were going to walk on the beach but it was just too cold. We headed to Mt. P for dinner instead and then back downtown for dessert. 

The next morning we started out at Boxcar Betty's. The chicken and waffles did not disappoint. 

 Then we headed out to Folly for the kids to fly kites. They had both been asking to, for some random reason, so we picked up a couple of cheap ones. It was SO windy and cold, but we had fun. 









 They got in a little joggling on the pier. 

We followed this up with a Taco Boy lunch and margaritas (for me).... Daddy had to go back to work! 

While he worked, I hauled both kids to shop on King Street with me. I bribed them with the toy store... 

 and ice cream. 

We always eat our way through Charleston - restaurants are popping up quicker than I can keep up. We try to walk enough to counteract the calories we are putting in. At least I do. We are fortunate to go to Charleston so often - helps that Tommy works down there. And our kids love the city as much as we do. 


Clearly they had fun - here's my boy on the ride home. 

It was a sweet couple of days away, and a nice low-key Spring Break. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by: Designs by Jamie