There is no doubt at all how much Addie Kate loves her Aunt Sue. I honestly think she just loves the attention Sue gives to her. Sue just knows exactly what to do with her - read, count, sing - and is so very patient.
Memorial Day weekend we three made a last minute trip to Lexington, in hopes of lots of time on the lake and in the pool. Well, none of that happened due to nonstop rain, but we did get to spend some much needed time with family and friends.
On the way down - love how she puts her "da-kes" on her head like me (sometimes she gets them all the way to the top!) She then fell asleep, with them on, and no passy! (I was not about to risk waking her up to get a picture of that, as much as I wanted to! Also when she woke up, she loudly screamed "Cody," her little friend's name!)
We stopped by Paul and Sue's house as we were coming into town, to check on the progress of their new fence and see what they've done with their house. After going in every room and either taking things out of Addie's hands, or replacing things she had moved, Sue got out the niece/nephew toy basket. Addie looked through all of it, but of course, settled on a book. A counting book at that. Addie and Sue just read and counted, read and counted. Eventually, Addie lied down on her tummy (which I'd never seen her do) and continued to read with Sue. Then, heaven knows what did it, but she got so excited that she started kicking her sweet feet and dancing on her tummy - full on "worm" style! Sue and I just laughed and laughed at my crazy Addie Kate!
Thanks for the fun time Aunt Sue. We just love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment