Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandma Schreiber and Happy Mother's Day to All!

Saturday was both happy and sad for our family. My sweet Boompa (the grandfather in the pictures from earlier posts) passed away and his funeral was on Saturday. I am an absolute firm believer in celebrating life and celebrating the fact that Boompa is in heaven and is so much better off than all the rest of us, so however much I may miss Boompa, I am truly happy for him. No more suffering and all the fun he wants...

Addie Kate stayed with Tommy's mom and Chuck (MawMaw and Granddaddy) while we were at the funeral, and I believe she had a great time! After the funeral, Tommy and I were able to celebrate Mother's Day with his mom, just a day early. They also took some precious pictures while they kept her, and I've posted them below. We then went to see Vicki and Frank (Gram and Pop) for Mother's Day. Addie had a good time playing with both Vicki and Kayla, but mostly the two toys Gram got out for her! Here are some pictures of her over there:



Lastly, we went to see my mom and dad. It was my mother's birthday, so we celebrated that and Mother's Day together. I definitely think Addie brightened the mood on an otherwise melancholy day. Here are some pictures of Addie Kate and my parents:




By the time Sunday rolled around, the ONLY thing I wanted to do for my first Mother's Day was to relax, and I did just that. Sweet Addie (with a little help from her daddy!) gave me the new Sarah Jessica Parker Covet perfume (mmmm, I just love it!) and two pieces for my Pandora bracelet. We just laid around the house, played Tommy's new Wii, and enjoyed being the three of us. It couldn't be any better!

Now, to my sweet Addie, the reason I was able to celebrate Mother's Day this year: You are truly a miracle, a gift from God, a ray of sunshine, a little burst of happiness. Never did I know I could love so much until I held you in my arms. I had no idea that my life was incomplete, yet you have made it complete by filling a hole I never knew I had. Never will I regret holding you, rocking you to sleep, letting you nap with us, or neglecting other mundane tasks to spend time with you. My life is so wonderful and I have so much to be thankful for. Thank you, my angel baby, for making me so aware of how sweet life is.

Addie and Mommy on her first Mother's Day (and yes, I was very relaxed!):


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by: Designs by Jamie